Vanishing drawing views

SW2006 Sp4.1
AMD 64 FX-55
2Mb
Quadro FX 540 128Mb
Assembly consists of about 700 unique parts. No trouble with shaded or
hidden line rotation or anything else in the assembly mode.
Create a drawing and add a view - OK so far. Add three more views
(projections) - OK. Move mouse randomly and all views go blank. There
doesn't seem anyway to get them to display again. Deleting all but one
view doesn't help. Another try involved placing the first view,
clicking the check and as soon as the hourglass disappeared so did the
drawing entities. Memory shows about 1meg left.
I have worked with fairly large assemblies before and have never seen a
problem like this. Any insight would be appreciated.
Gary
Reply to
Gary K
2 MB isn't enough to get anywhere. Up the amount of memory.
Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider
Did you miss the part where I mentioned that there was about 1Mb of RAM left when this was happening (as reported by FreeRAM)?
Reply to
Gary K
Mega problems with 4.1 and drawings Give up and up to sp 5.0
Reply to
pete
Thanks Pete, I will give that a try (if I can find Sp 5.0).
pete wrote:
Reply to
Gary K
Thanks Pete, just a follow up to let you (and anyone else with the problem) that going from 4.1 to 5.0 (SW2006) solved the problem.
Gary
pete wrote:
Reply to
Gary K