Views in Drawing mode

One mod to ProE I would like to see is a "copy view" command in .drw mode.

I often have to show multiple sectional views in a drawing - for example to show a part in different positions of an assembly. I have to make each view separately each time, and each time adjust the spacing/angle/colors of the X-hatching so it's the same as the previous view. I wish I could just copy a view and make another exactly the same as it, a bit like a detailed view, only not a detail, if you know what I mean.

Anyone have any easy ways around this? I have saved xhatch styles and have mapkeys to retrieve them which makes it quicker but doesn't always give me the exact hatching style I want across an assembly of multiple parts.

Can I copy a view from another drawing? I have tried this with "Copy from another Drawing" but it only copies across the draft entities, not the view with its associativity.

Reply to
Gra-gra