drawing mode option for 2001?

Hello,

is there any way (option) to switch 2001 back into the old-fashioned (V13 until 2000i2) drawing mode?

Maybe this has been FAQ some time ago... (has it?)

Moving details around became extremely uncomfortable, I´d better not describe the response I get from users.

ceterum censeo: PTC should hire an mech engineer, then let him do real work in the presence of programmers (but better hide them behind bars to avoid injury)

An help appreciated!

TIA

Walther

Reply to
Walther Mathieu

Short of mapkeying some of the right clicks and using a menu_def.pro file to add them on the side menu. You could definately could get rid of a good deal of the right clicks...flip arrows , move, textsize etc.. probably not all of them. It will not be a easy chore tho.

Reply to
cad/cam/guy

You could reuse some of the mapkey coding... you have a mapkey that gets you the properties box

mapkey a1 @PAUSE_FOR_SCREEN_PICK;~ Activate `rmb_popup` `DWGProperties`;

you then could use that to go further into the picks there for move, textsize , etc by chaining the keys ...say mapkey ax is just the select move box from prop box...it would cut down on code

mapkey b1 %a1;%ax;

there is not much out there on menu_def.pro but here is format menu_def.pro goes in your c:\proe2001\text directory or whatever your path is to that point

But you could use icons for the mapkeys, but then that wouldn't be old fashion. :-) I kind of prefer words over icons myself, it would get you around using menu_def.pro

!#### Pro/ENGINEER Menu Definition Files #### ! use \ to continue on next line ! use # for spaces in menu names

!#### Pro/E Menu Defaults #### ! Syntax: menuname menuitem ! If spaces are in either parameter, replace with #

!!!Default Menu Picks (Format "Menuname Menuitem")

@setbutton part Explorer\ "%ad;" \ "Explorer"

@setbutton SKETCHER GEOMETRY \ "#CIRCLE;#CONSTRUCTION;#;"\ "CONST CIRCLE"

@setbutton DRAWING View#Disp \ "#Views;#Disp Mode;#View Disp;" \ "Modify view display settings."

@setbutton GET#SYMBOL BALLOON \ #RETRIEVE;#dwg_format\\balloon;#SHOW;#SHOW ALL;\ "USE CUSTOM BOM BALLOONS IN DRAWING"

@setbutton GET#SYMBOL PB_BALLOON \ #RETRIEVE;#dwg_format\\pb_balloon;#SHOW;#by view\ "USE CUSTOM BOM BALLOONS IN DRAWING"

@setbutton SKETCHER Trim#Corner \ "#Geom Tools;#Trim;" \ "Trimming (or extension) to make a 'corner'."

@setbutton SKETCHER Use#Edge \ "#Geom Tools;#Use Edge;" \ "Use existing defined edge in present sketch."

Reply to
cad/cam/guy

Walter, What are you trying to do? I started on Rev 20, but I'm no quite sure what you are asking

Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

Glenn,

I switched to 2001 some time ago because it is capable of imports that 2000i2 was not - not a big difference, though. but...

when it came to drawing mode - the detail menu is all _gone_ !

PTC again managed to screw things up and put all the functions into lengthy pull-down or right-click menus, and most of the select item / select function became absolutely uncomfortable:

functions become available only after the middle or ring finger has kept pressure on the right mouse button for up to a second, a selection then requires movement without releasing the button, most easily something wrong is selected esp. whith worn mice... and the desired function ie executed when the button is released!

I know this may be the microsoft way to do things... unergonomic, slow, causing RSI. The scroll wheel league...

Once there was a nice switch for "intent mangler off" in sections, for heavens sake: I´m looking for a swich to get the detail mode in drawings back. Or edible menus... (sigh).

Thanks a lot

Walther

Reply to
Walther Mathieu