Option to hide 3d notes

What option do I need to set to make the 3d notes hidden when I start Wildfire 3.0 Build 080?

Thanks.

Reply to
Aggrevated

What option do I need to set to make the 3d notes hidden when I start Wildfire 3.0 Build 080?

Thanks.

I think what you need is to set the config option, model_note_display, to NO. That's how I have mine set and I don't see any of those disturbing hole notes covering everything. This is the option that corresponds to checking and unckecking the Environment box for 3D Notes.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

sweet, thanks

Reply to
Aggrevated

sweet, thanks

Yeah, I minored in Pro/e configuration. BTW, is Pro/e crashing enough to keep up with your expectations, based on SW performance? Or are you merely getting work done (and learning the program?) Might even help the curve if they let you take a course, now and then.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I finally got my crashing problem fixed for the most part. Had to turn OFF the Pro/e optimization in my video card settings.

I crashes about as often as SolidWorks does now... 3-4 times a day at the LEAST oppritune time.

We paid for the Coach subscription when I bought my license. Been toiling through it slowly. It's pretty good if you don't mind being taught like you're 3 yrs old. Gotta cater to the lowest common denominator I guess.

Reply to
Aggrevated

I finally got my crashing problem fixed for the most part. Had to turn OFF the Pro/e optimization in my video card settings.

I crashes about as often as SolidWorks does now... 3-4 times a day at the LEAST oppritune time.

And you're saying you got your crashing problems MOSTLY fixed!?! I haven't crashed Pro/e in weeks, at work or at home (PE SE 3). But, you're right about Pro/e being very sensitive to graphics. So, I suspect your graphics card/driver may STILL be the culprit. And, it could be either or both. If you look in workspace/working directory, you should find, upon a crash, a file called TRACEBACK.LOG which PTC tech support will require to track down the source of your problem. It may have nothing to do with graphics, but, supposedly, this log file has the informaton they need to tell what the source of your problem is.

I know people go that route but it's horribly flawed: a.. most people I've seen try it fail; it takes extreme dedication and drive and determination; b.. because no one has blocks of undistracted time to devote to this kind of training; c.. and what you really need is a lot of interaction with a person who can answer questions, troubleshoot your modelling difficulties, tell you Pro/e best practices and turn Pro/e lingo into "plain English" (be it Japanese, Russian, Chinese, German, etc.) CBT is barely passable from a 1950s 'training film' standard. Audio is greatly inferior (no sound booth for our Pro/e mavens and certainly no scripted professional voice overs, too cheap here.) Presentations are flat, whatever you can come up with in Camtasia screen capture, so the whole presentation is Pro/e and nothing outside of Pro/e. BLECH. Nothing's edited, so you get the typical amateur sound tracks with doofus hacking and wheezing and popping and blowing (Vader-style) into the improperly mounted hands-free mike/headset. Ugh, grunt, excusemes, everywhere. Some good stuff, depending heavily on presenter (i.e., no PTC producer-type oversight by someone who has any technical savvy at all [or even simple 20th century cultural knowledge {i.e., someone who's listened to the radio or a CD or gone to a movie and knows what good audio is}] and possibly cares cuz the fuckwits at PTC University are dry cows, long past caring about anything. Oh, BTW, I took a Fundamentals course for PE WF 2 which is using the same stupid, lame ass models that it did when I took the course 8 YEARS AGO (and they bother to make me sign a release not to reveal this shit? cuz they're worried they might be embarrassed?). Please, someone challenge me; I want to show you the stupidest, most impossible, most poorly engineered part I've ever seen, pulled from the ass of the biggest doofus on the face of the Earth. Meaning no disrespect, of course. And I'm probably complimenting the doofus who's head is too far up his ass to notice any mere physical reality; I'm guessing it's the fumes.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Yeah, Coach sucks... but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I'm the only person I know who is using Pro/e. Nobody to ask questions, and the help menus suck worse than the coach training. I'm the "pioneer" at my company. That's why I'm here.

The best way to learn any software is to use it. Fumbling around until you figure it out yourself. Would be nice to have some help sometimes, so I ask questions on Google.

Reply to
Aggrevated

Yeah, Coach sucks... but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

I'm the only person I know who is using Pro/e. Nobody to ask questions, and the help menus suck worse than the coach training. I'm the "pioneer" at my company. That's why I'm here.

The best way to learn any software is to use it. Fumbling around until you figure it out yourself. Would be nice to have some help sometimes, so I ask questions on Google.

Sure, keep doing it, we'll help! That's the way this ng's always been. We do this, day in and day out, all day, every day. Because you're here to learn, we're here to help. It's just the way the community works.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes