Is Aibo my best option?

I want to use a 'robot' of some sort to demonstrate an innovative use of broadband. I think Aibo can be controlled remotely to enable someone to virtually walk around their house or business to check things out. Is this correct? An 802.11b network is available at the premises. Is there another option that isn't as expensive or is better at doing this? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jimmy James
[posted and mailed]

Jimmy James wrote in news:kyG%b.4823$ snipped-for-privacy@news.indigo.ie:

Robosapien?

Fuzzy Logic

Reply to
Jimmy James

Jimmy James wrote in news:PYN%b.4892$rb.62821 @news.indigo.ie:

You would need to build an interface from 802.11b to the remote for the Robosapien. Likely a lot cheaper than buying an Aibo. In any case broadband is overkill as the actual data sent is quite small.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

Reply to
Jimmy James

Reply to
steve vorres

Pretty nice! And you can get one for $199 ($169 for two) now on their website. Possibly refurbished, but with a 30 day warranty. Not bad....

Reply to
rick