Where is this cahce model geometry option?!?!

I did a search on model, cache and geometry in animator, PW and SW without success. I went to the PW option but I jsut have 4 tabs (system, document, advanced, file). Is this cahe model geometry hardware dependant or just removed form SW2003 sp3?

Robin

ps: I am anxious to see Animator work properly!!!!

Reply to
Robin

Robin you shouldn't need this option to be able to render an animation, I realize you're having trouble though. Have you tried to make an unrendered animation first it is always a good test to be sure your animation is working before throwing PhotoWorks into the mix. On my home computer I was having a similar situation. I made an simple animation and when using the solidworks screen it made a correct AVI. Yet when throwing Photo Works into the mix it locked up and would render the same frame over and over. I changed my settings to use the smallest non-custom video size, and it rendered fine (on the computer at home I don't have a good video card or Excel though this may be causing my woes).

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I am not even able to do animations! I went to searching the cache model geometry option because I have been told that this solved problems in the time of PW R1. This is an animator problem but it seemed that it used this PW option. My var was not able to help me. This is a 4 simple parts model by the way and I had problem with 2 different computers! Their only common point are the installation disks.

I'll try to animate with a smaller Sw screen size but the video card is quite good.

Reply to
Robin

I could attempt the animation for you here at least a few frames. I know my animator works I have been doing quite a bit of it lately.

Did you try to record an animation without SW. When you hit record in the dialogue there is an option "Renderer:" if you have Photoworks active it will default to that but you can change it to Solidworks Screen then it skips photoworks and does more of a screen shot. If your animation is working this should record it properly.

The only option in PhotoWorks2 that I know of that is close to what you are asking for is PhotoWorks>Options>Document Properties>Memory managment. I read that the ray trace depth has something to do with caching when you are on the Document properties tab hit help and see if that is equivalent to what you are looking for.

Regards, Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich