extract geometry from solid model

Hi, I'm loooking for a way to extract all the geometry of a solid model and project it onto a plane away from the solid model. I want to do that in the model space. I would dimension and put center line on this one-plane geometry and hide the solid model to make sure I don't snap anything on the solid model who is behind. I know there's an option to get all the dimensions to stay on one plane even thought you snap things on different plane but I really do want to get the geometry extracted as well. The section command doesn't do the job since it only extracts the stuff that crosses the section plane. My

3D parts a way more complicated. I would need to make 10 sections and copy them on one plane and it's long and not efficient.

It's kind like exctracting all the geometry of a previous feature in solidworks and use it in a new sketch.

I used to do that before on Autocad drawings I have but I don't remember how I did. How can I have a kind of script file of all the command I used to create this old drawing. I am quite sure it is possible.

Thanks in advance JC

Reply to
jcprimeau