X hatching in WF 3.0 drawing mode

Hi,

I have been on WF for a couple of weeks. I am finding it hard to change hatching spacing, color etc in drawing mode. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. I can put the cursor over a view and in one view it will pre-select the hatching, in another view it won't. What else can I do to select the hatching?

Gra

Reply to
graminator

I'm sorta wondering if it's a parent / child view thing, i.e. detail of xsec; must make changes in the xsec (?). Can't remember, off hand.

It could be an RMB to cycle focus thing. RMB -> Pick from List. -or- Set the selection filter to 'xsec'.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

It's a general view that won't pick up the hatching, the only view in that sheet. The view that does pick up the hatching is another sheet of the same drawing, which shows a section through a plane normal to the uncooperative one. The views are not related except that they have the same model.

I could tell you some more but I'm making a list at the moment.... I like some of the WF functionality tho.

Jeff Howard wrote:

must make changes in the xsec (?). Can't remember,

Reply to
graminator

Jeff's advice was good and there are a few different selection methods which he mentioned. The really new thing in selection is selection filters (lower right popup list) and the composition of the list of available filters responds to the function you are trying to perform. But Xsec is definitely in the selection set for drawing items. When you have selected it (turns red), RMB 'Properties' and you'll get the old Menu Manger menu that allows you to adjust angle, spacing, line style, etc.

BTW, selection is one of the bigger changes in WF over previous revs. Anything you can do, including online tutorials, to get better acquainted with the new selection tools, the better off you'll be.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Hi Dave, I already tried all the selection tools before I posted but no luck. I guess it's one of those ProE mysteries, like "why does the round work on this side, but not that that side?" kind of thing.

Bits of Wildfire I like, like the Ctrl C, Ctrl V thing, but even with that you have to backtrack if you want to select geom in a different way to what is available initially. It's been a long week.

Reply to
graminator

The last thing I'd suggest is to see if the section/crosshatch didn't wind up on a layer; could it be involved in an annotation feature? The best place to track a lot of this stuff down is in the model, especially if the section was created there with the View Manager. Could this depend on what kind of section this is? 'Offset' being the flakiest because it doesn't require the cutline to be parallel to the screen [can be angled].

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Nah, no annotation. The section was created in the assembly model. If I go back to change it there then I have to change the view in the drw back to "No sec", then change it again to the section... or retrieve a different section then retrieve the original one back again.

There's always another way to do it in ProE. My problem is when the other way takes longer than the first way, and I can't do it the first way any more. It's supposed to get easier, not harder with each new release.

Reply to
graminator

It's been a complaint for quite a while that sections seem history dependent (because they cut through the components that exist at the time of creation) but don't appear in the feature tree and don't regenerate gracefully (if at all) when the assembly changes. I thought, maybe, by now, the xsec might have made its way into the feature tree. In that case, it could also be placed in the Footer region (where it will remain hidden, but regenerate when the assembly regenerates; and I believe you need to get it out of the footer to work on it.) Is there a Footer, beyond the Insert bar? Click the plus, see if your cross section is in there. Generally, for things to get into the Footer, you need to manually, deliberately place them there by selecting the object and selecting "Move to Footer". Maybe there's a setting to automatically do that?

David Janes

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

What's a footer? Wish we could do jpegs.

Reply to
graminator

Help Fundamentals Working with the Model Regenerating the Model About the Regeneration Footer

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Ah. Very interesting. A little light reading. I will get to that after Thanksgiving. ;) Thanks.

Reply to
graminator