Assy dimensioning in drawing and Toolbox parts

I have an assembly containing very few parts and two Toolbox bearings.
When I want to automatically dimension the parts in the assembly on a
drawing, all dimensions of the bearings come too (and that's a lot). Is
it possible to avoid that? To definitively avoid the dimensions of few
parts to be displayed when choosing the "Model Items" button. Selecting
only proper functions is not good for me as I think I will forgot some
during the drawing.
Ronan
Reply to
Ronan
When importing the dimensions (insert/model items), the first dialog box in the tree area is "import from"...By default, it's "selected feature" - Change this to "only assembly"
Should work for you.....
Scott
Reply to
Scott MacIntyre
Thanx for reply But I want the dimensions of the parts too (except Toolbox parts), not only the assembly. Ronan
Scott Mac> When importing the dimensions (insert/model items), the first dialog box in
Reply to
Ronan
ohhh, sorry - misunderstood
The answer is still in that area. Instead of "only assembly", change it to "selected component". You can then either pick the components from the drawing or (easier) expand the tree out (left hand side of graphic area) and select the components in whatever view you want them placed. I don't think you can select all and then remove your bearings. You have to select everything except your bearings.
Scott
Reply to
SMacIntyre
Solidworks always says me "No model was inserted. Choose Yes to change "Import From" option to "Entire model"..." I don't know what to do after many different tries. Thanx, Ronan
SMac> ohhh, sorry - misunderstood
Reply to
Ronan
hmm - I just did it with a few assemblies (worked fine) and did not get that message - I've never run across that before. Then again, I usually have no need to pull in all the component dims into an assembly to often - Just assembly features (drilled holes, etc) and some reference dimensions...Anyone run into this?
Scott
Reply to
SMacIntyre
Thanx for your help. I discovered fortunately what the wrong I did. I selected the components before the "Model Items" button. Then I got an error. If I change the order all is OK, as expected. Ronan
SMac> hmm - I just did it with a few assemblies (worked fine) and did not get that
Reply to
Ronan
Oh - Yea, that'll do it...Sorry - I didn't think to mention that.... I'm glad you were able to get going.
Scott
Reply to
SMacIntyre