Assy dimensioning in drawing and Toolbox parts

I have an assembly containing very few parts and two Toolbox bearings. When I want to automatically dimension the parts in the assembly on a drawing, all dimensions of the bearings come too (and that's a lot). Is it possible to avoid that? To definitively avoid the dimensions of few parts to be displayed when choosing the "Model Items" button. Selecting only proper functions is not good for me as I think I will forgot some during the drawing. Ronan

Reply to
Ronan

When importing the dimensions (insert/model items), the first dialog box in the tree area is "import from"...By default, it's "selected feature" - Change this to "only assembly"

Should work for you.....

Scott

Reply to
Scott MacIntyre

Reply to
Ronan

ohhh, sorry - misunderstood

The answer is still in that area. Instead of "only assembly", change it to "selected component". You can then either pick the components from the drawing or (easier) expand the tree out (left hand side of graphic area) and select the components in whatever view you want them placed. I don't think you can select all and then remove your bearings. You have to select everything except your bearings.

Scott

Reply to
SMacIntyre

Reply to
Ronan

hmm - I just did it with a few assemblies (worked fine) and did not get that message - I've never run across that before. Then again, I usually have no need to pull in all the component dims into an assembly to often - Just assembly features (drilled holes, etc) and some reference dimensions...Anyone run into this?

Scott

Reply to
SMacIntyre

Reply to
Ronan

Oh - Yea, that'll do it...Sorry - I didn't think to mention that.... I'm glad you were able to get going.

Scott

Reply to
SMacIntyre