Drawing problem with dimensions

I have a 10 page SW drawing document, with each page containing one detail (completely described and dimensioned). All of a sudden, when
I try to dimension a new detail or add dimensions to an existing detail, the dimension is displayed as light weight and barely visable. I cannot figure out what has caused this problem in this drawing and how to correct it. If I create another drawing, the dimensions are displayed dark and very readable. Any help is appreciated.