When creating drawing dims only, model baselines may not be used

I create (and also modify) a lot of drawings for sheetmetal parts and usually use ordinate dimensions to dimension the flat pattern. I often get the following error when working on other peoples drawings: "When creating drawing dims only, model baselines may not be used". Is there any way to add a dimension to this baseline? So far the only work around I have is to create a new dimension and turn it into an ordinate one and then place the 0.00 on top of the previously existing one.

Reply to
sbarrett

That's the only thing I've found is to create drawing dims as "Common reference" first then change them to ordinate. PTC suggests the following:

TPI 34295 suggests what we've already tried and as alternative 2. For alternative 1, they suggest changing the configuration option CREATE_DRAWING_DIMS_ONLY to No. Then it claims that these baselines "can then be selected and referenced for any newly created dimensions." I can't verify this, but it's worth a shot. Just be aware: Pro/e configuration is not an exact science; you can easily produce 6 unintended consequences for every 1 problem you solve. This is the direct result of Pro/e being the brightest star in the Workaround galaxy. NOTHING is confronted and actually solved, problems remain and fester, the backdoor is taken on every possible occasion.

Reply to
David Janes