Slightly OT: Baselines in Intrallink

Anyone have experience with creating and modifying baselines in Pro/I? Baselining, or a product snapshot at a point in time, exists as a checkout function. After the baseline has been created in some folder, you can do various things with it. What I'd like to be able to do is add newly released components to the baselined G Rev of a top level assembly.

So, looking at the baseline, I can RMB 'Modify' and get a screen that lets me do a variety of things. I believe I can highlight a rev/version of a component at WIP and do 'Remove'. Where I'm stuck is how to Add the Released version of that rev. It looks like there's something called a 'Briefcase' that I should be able to select something from to 'Add'. But, how do I get the latest, released version into this 'Briefcase'?

Muchas gracias, David Janes

Reply to
Janes

Simply "find" the object either by browsing CommonSpace or by using Pro/Locate. Once you "find" the object then select it, rmb, and select "Add to Briefcase"

Reply to
Randy Jones

Simply "find" the object either by browsing CommonSpace or by using Pro/Locate. Once you "find" the object then select it, rmb, and select "Add to Briefcase"

Reply to
Janes

Simply "find" the object either by browsing CommonSpace or by using Pro/Locate. Once you "find" the object then select it, rmb, and select "Add to Briefcase"

Sadly, this worked to the extent of being able to add the file to the briefcase, but failed at adding to the Baseline (with an incomprehensible error mesage). Nor could I highlight and Remove the ealier version. Any ideas? Such as go bother PTC? BTW, I'd be happy to do that if I thought they had any interest in Intralink. And, since they're hard pushing PDMLink 9.0, I'm sure they're not. My only reason for bothering you guys.

Siento mucho, David Janes

David Janes

Reply to
Janes