Wildfire questions.

I'm migrating to Wildfire and have a couple of questions.

1.I used to work a lot with copyed surfaces in asembly mode by clicking right on a part choosing "create feature" and then Surface~Copy~Solid surfaces or Quilt surfaces. I can't find a way to do this in Wildfire.
  1. How to add a feature(curve or datum or surface) in a layer.

Thank you

Reply to
Canadian

I'm sorta new to all this, but in lieu of some better answers....

Copy surface.... Select the surface (or one of the surfaces) then Edit > Copy. The dialog will take you from there. (Is the noun / verb thing new in Wildfire?)

Layers.... There are rules in the default template layer properties that might get you what you want or you can manually collect entities by editing the layer properties. (I haven't investigated any of this and know next to nothing about it; Pro/E and layers in general.)

Reply to
Jeff Howard
2001 or i-squared and it shows you the current Wildfire eqivalent.

: Layers.... : There are rules in the default template layer properties that might get you : what you want or you can manually collect entities by editing the layer : properties. (I haven't investigated any of this and know next to nothing : about it; Pro/E and layers in general.)

Jeff is right about adding things to layers, but let's back up a second. You can get to the layer menu as before, with the layers icon. But the model tree window has a 'Show' button above it which will also let you quickly flip back and forth between Model and Layer trees. When you want to add a layer, highlight 'Layers' and RMB the menu. When you want to add something to a layer, highlight it and RMB the menu. The new thing is that items are added and removed from layers by selecting Properties. You can then select what you want to add, visually on the screen or by clicking the Rules tab to get a screen showing the rules for automatically adding features to the layer. You can edit or create a rule (selection criteria) with the button at the bottom of the screen called 'Edit rules'. A rule will find items to add to the list.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes