Intersection datum curve in Wildfire??

In 2001 there was an option with datum curves to create a curve at the intersection of two surfaces, Where, or how, is this in Wildfire?

Reply to
Steve

As soon as I posted the message I figured it out. It just goes to show how good you guys are helping out! :)

Steve

P.S. I am go>In 2001 there was an option with datum curves to create a curve at the

Reply to
Steve

Yeah, I really like you guys who answer your own questions. It's one of the reasons I hesitate sometimes to post stuff here. I just know that as soon as I do, I'll figure something out. So, I just post the stuff that isn't urgent, stuff I've been puzzling over for months. But, hey, there's no rules here, short of bedrock civility and professionalism.

BTW, when you do figure something out, share it with us. This NG has 100 times more lurkers than active participants. You never know when something you've figured out can help someone you'll never even hear of. Just the magic of the online world!

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I didn't think about the lurkers, I lurked for about six months. The way Pro E works the preselect feature is throwing me for a loop.

Here is how I figured out how to create an intersection curve: Step 1. Pick a surface (or a datum plane) Step 2. Pick edit Step 3. Pick intersect (this step will put you into the dashboard) Step 4. Pick the next surface while holding the control key Step 5. Pick the green check mark Done

After doing this I modified the edit command buttons and added the "intersect icon" to the tool bar.

Step 1. Right click on the tool bar area - menu pops up Step 2. Pick commands at the bottom of the menu Step 3. A customize window opens Step 4. Scroll down to and pick "edit features" Step 5. Drag and drop the "intersect tool" to tool bar Step 6. Save the new window configuration that you just created Step 6a. Make sure you save it to the correct directory.

Step by Step by Step etc........

Steve

Reply to
Steve

: "Steve" wrote : I didn't think about the lurkers, I lurked for about six months. The : way Pro E works the preselect feature is throwing me for a loop. : : Here is how I figured out how to create an intersection curve: : Step 1. Pick a surface (or a datum plane) : Step 2. Pick edit : Step 3. Pick intersect (this step will put you into the dashboard) : Step 4. Pick the next surface while holding the control key : Step 5. Pick the green check mark : Done : : After doing this I modified the edit command buttons and added the : "intersect icon" to the tool bar. : : Step 1. Right click on the tool bar area - menu pops up : Step 2. Pick commands at the bottom of the menu : Step 3. A customize window opens : Step 4. Scroll down to and pick "edit features" : Step 5. Drag and drop the "intersect tool" to tool bar : Step 6. Save the new window configuration that you just created : Step 6a. Make sure you save it to the correct directory. : : Step by Step by Step etc........ :

¡Muchas gracias, Señor y buenas dias!
Reply to
David Janes