datum curve

Any one Known how to create datum curve from 2 project curve in wf2 Thanks. henry

Reply to
henry1951

Pick one or both (planar?) curves and the Intersect tool (Edit / Intersect). Or, have you got that part down and having trouble with something specific?

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Reply to
henry1951

In 2001 I create datum curve from 2 project curves on fly, so as you say I have to create 2 datum curves in advantge, and then using those 2 curves intersection ???? right now I am using one curve project on to the surface. but I could not do 2 curves intersection on fly. Henry

Reply to
henry1951

With a curve projected onto a surface, you have the effect, the equivalent of curve from two projections. The first curve is one projection, the surface extrudes from a curve on a plane normal to the first. Once locked to the surface, no more variation of the curve, or any point along it, is possible.

Reply to
David Janes

If David's response doesn't hit the mark, perhaps post a sample part file to mcadcentral.com and explain the situation. I'm not following what you are trying to do (the "on the fly" part, knowing nothing about 2001).

Reply to
Jeff Howard