Copy Surfaces in WF2?

I work with alot of surfaces and quilts, many times generated from copied
surfaces. My old method to create a quilt of surfaces was to highlight the
surface and select the Copy Surface or Curve button or from the pull-down
menu. In WF2 this seems to have changed since the only Copy option I see
now is the Copy to Clipboard button.
Anyone know where Copy Surface or Curve is in WF2? Seems like every time I
get comfortable with a new version they come out with a new one that moves
everything around. ;-(
Thanks,
Michael
Reply to
Michael Putnam
You've seen it. Ctrl +C, Ctrl +V (or edit / copy, paste, toolbuttons). When you paste the dashboard panel comes up as before. (I, personally, think it sucks, but that's the way it goes.) Oh, there's also a paste / special, but I haven't found a use for it yet.
Reply to
Jeff Howard
: You've seen it. Ctrl +C, Ctrl +V (or edit / copy, paste, toolbuttons). When : you paste the dashboard panel comes up as before. (I, personally, think it : sucks, but that's the way it goes.) Oh, there's also a paste / special, but I : haven't found a use for it yet. : One problem I ran into when I first started using WF, with the new Dashboard functionality, was that I'd go huniting for commands to do something. But even when I found the right one, half the time it would be grayed out and I couldn't select it. Many new functions depend on *first* selecting surfaces, say, and then they give you an appropriate functionality. So if you don't select the surfaces or don't select them in a way that Pro/e can apply a function to, you won't get the function. A lot depends on mastering the new selection business.
David Janes
:
: > I work with alot of surfaces and quilts, many times generated from copied : > surfaces. My old method to create a quilt of surfaces was to highlight the : > surface and select the Copy Surface or Curve button or from the pull-down : > menu. In WF2 this seems to have changed since the only Copy option I see : > now is the Copy to Clipboard button. : > : > Anyone know where Copy Surface or Curve is in WF2? Seems like every time I : > get comfortable with a new version they come out with a new one that moves : > everything around. ;-( : > : > Thanks, : > Michael : > : > : > : > :
Reply to
David Janes
Yes. Didn't think about that. Thanks for pointing it out. WF was my first exposure to Pro/E so tend to overlook that aspect of the process.
Reply to
Jeff Howard

Site Timeline