Create one body with an assembly

Hi,

is it possible to create a single part using an assembly containing a couple of parts? In other words I would like to merge the parts in an assembly to create one single part. Thanks for your help.

Pablo

Reply to
Pablo Vasquez

Associative, non-associative? AAX license or without?

Couple of options without AAX...

Save a Copy - Shrinkwrap, Merged Solid will create a non-associative copy.

Create part in assembly. Activate. Insert, Shared Data, Merge.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Hi,

Can I make it associative without the AAX license? What is a AAX license by the way?

Thanks for your reply.

Pablo

Reply to
Pablo Vasquez

AAX = Advanced Assembly Extension

Reply to
hj

To do this, first create an empty part. Assemble it into your assembly. Set that part as the active part. Select the surface geometry of the components you want. You do this by selecting a surface on the part until it highlights, COPY, PASTE, then select "solid surfaces". You will have copied all of the surfaces in the solid. Repeat for every part you want included. Then go to the new part file, select the quilts and "SOLIDIFY" them.

Reply to
Polymer Man

Hi Pablo, If I understand what you are looking for, this is how I did it. Open one of the parts that you want to merge. Choose INSERT, SHARED DATA, MERGE FROM ANOTHER MODEL. Choose REF MODEL and DEFINE and click OPEN to find the other part that you want to merge. The part appears in another window and you can constrain it to the original. Then click OK and it is finished. The second part is listed as EXTERNAL MERGE. There is no assembly involved.

Reply to
Peter

Copy, Paste, RMB in graphics area and select Solid Surfaces. You can also select a single surface, RMB, Solid Surfaces than Copy, Paste (Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V to make it quick).

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Requires AAX if using WF2 and some builds of WF(?).

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Sequentially Solidify the quilts or Merge the quilts and then Solidify.

Pablo, both methods; copying Solid Surf quilts or Merge will create associative copies of the geometry. You should read thru Help and familiarize yourself with the procedures. Take note of references to config opts that affect retrieval of referenced geometry.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

When I save the model using shrinkwrap and solid model, I always get some surfaces that are missing. Seems that the solidify is not done properly.

If I use the shared data I have to redifine the constrains.

I think I will copy the external surfaces, merge and solidfy.

Pablo

Reply to
pablo_vasquez