Mechanisms servo motors to generate Cam paths

Hi all,
I have a mechanism that I want to create. It consists of a cam shaft to drive 2 rods. I want to reverse engineer the Cam paths inside Pro/E.
I can do this by assigning servo motors to the 2 rods and the cam shaft and using a trace curve for the cam profile.
The problem is that I do not have enough mechanism design experience to figure out the correct profiles I should be using on the servo motors attached to the 2 rods. I don't know should I be using SCCA, user defined, or table driven profiles (or any of the above). Any help would be appreciated.
I have a .asm file with an animation set up that explains the motion I want to assign using servo motors. If anyone could e-mail me at :-
Can you post files in this newsgroup???
Thanks in advance
Steve
If you are using WF 2, under the Simulation > Mechanism Design Help there is a tutorial that may offer some assistance. The cam is already made though. Basically, the SCCA profile will generate the cam motion. There is a graph of the profiles in the help, same catigory, under "Types of Motor Profiles." The help in 2001 was better. I thought I had a tutorial on this subjuct archived. I will try and look for it and email it to you.
G. Albert
Hi Albert,
Can you post or send me your e-mail address. I can then send you a file with an animation showing the types of servo motor profiles I am trying to assign to the rods.
Thanks
Steve
Click on my "name" to see the address.
P.S. I ONLY have a hard copy. I forget where I got it. It is a PTC trainning booklet, Uni ONLY. I know I pulled it from the web, but cannot find an electronic version to send you. Try a web search for: Module 6 Creating Cam and Slot Connections This has all the relavent info you need.