Servo Motors

hi, i have recently purchaded some servos and dont have any interfaces for them yet. I was wondering if their is a way to connect them directly to my serial or parrallel ports and use some software to run them.

thanks for any help jamie

Reply to
jme

The main problem is that PC operating systems are generally not real-time systems.

I would suggest using an interface.

USB:

Serial port: many solutions including:
I hope this helps.

-- D. Jay Newman

Reply to
D. Jay Newman

For some general tinkering, the below servo commander application uses the parallel port to control some servos. On windows NT/2K/XP machines, you may need to use userport (userport.zip) to get user level access to the parallel port. The cheapest and most practical servo control setup I've found is the Kronos ezservo1 servo control chip, which is controlled via the computer serial port. The bottom link shows how I've used it for a servo based webcam pan/tilt setup.

Si Ballenger