servo controling board

Hi, i'm building a robot with 6 legs with each 3 servos. now i need a good controling board, at the moment i would get 2 more of my SV203 from pntech because its realy good and i know how to use it. the board i need must control 20 servos and have input channels too (reading analog AD voltage is okay). it will be connected to a pc (and pda) so it should do this via serial or usb (i dont need any eprom or such things on the board), does someone know something better...?

thx martin

Reply to
Martin Petzold

Did the same myself.

Wouldn't you have to get a total of 3, since SV203s do 8 servos each?

Three at ~$60 would be ~$180. You could get a ServoPod(TM) for $199, and do 24+ RC Servos and 16-ch of 12-bit A/D. You could get an IsoPod(TM) for $99, and do 24+ RC Servos and 8-ch of 12-bit A/D. And you'd have enough processing power to do forward/inverse kinesmatics on the tips of the legs.

Sample code of walker provided on web site. Sample code of profiling of servo positions on web site. I think forward and reverse kinesmatics is up there now too. And yes, I'm affiliated with New Micros, Inc.

Reply to
Randy M. Dumse

Check out

up to 20 servos

8 channel A/D can connect to PV via RS-232 (serial cable) plus heaps, HEAPS more!!!

You can download the complete user guide to check out the full specs

Reply to
Matt Ziebarth