PC Servo controllers

Hi Bot folks
Some advice I seek.
Seems to be quite a PC based few servo controllers. (looked at a few and linked from here)
Type of Servos, RC toy. Am looking to use one for my DSLR controlling camera mount system, need 6 servos controlled.
Currently have all wireless system, looking to add wired unit as an option to cutomers.
Want USB to servo controller. I see some are serial and use a USB comm legacy driver for the serial controller.
Prefer a unit that has a driver for cirect USB, reads device ID, installs without user going to control panel to mess around with comm settings. A dall for the USB access.
I do write software, made a living off my shareware for last 10 years. VB, but most of my code is API's Not interested in using mscomm to control unit. Would prefer a pure USB drivers and DLL with std calls to use. I can write a VB app with controls and such for the DLL in a jiffy and provide redist intaller for it. Just need to real driver, dll and controller.
As mentiond Ive seen a few. Anyone here got a prefered one that is closer to what I need.
Ill be buying 10 a time to use in equipment I resell so hardware end reliabilty is important. Just becuase it saves need for me to swap out dead boards under our own warranty that hits to bottom line hard, we try to keep[ the sell price low on the gear
Recommendations appreciated. Cheers
I though all you guys where the Robot experts.
Odd no-one has used any of these servo driving boards
Nor anyone selling them is interested in a volume bvuyer of them.
I guess the expertise is all in theory and not so much in practice.

Perhaps if we could mind read a tree stump, we would know what "these servo driving boards" that "As mentiond Ive seen a few" actually are. ;)

Probably, lots of us have used many of them. I quite like the Pololu Micro Serial Servo Controller, for example. You can see one of my projects that used it here: <http://www.strout.net/info/robotics/projects/house-eyes.html>
But your post -- which I just saw (probably got lost in the spam flood originally) -- is rambling, unfocussed, and unclear. That's probably why you didn't get any answers.

I also find that I get better answers here when I'm not an ass.
Best, - Joe
--
"Polywell" fusion -- an approach to nuclear fusion that might actually work.
Learn more and discuss via: <http://www.strout.net/info/science/polywell/>

    --That's a kewl hack; methinks I'll do it at my digs! :-)
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Andy Philbrick?

Thank you

I was just noticing the spam flood. Thats a nasty.

Cheers Dave

Try this one: http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id(823 for starters.
Also, we've had a bad outbreak of spam on here recently, so if you didn't prepend you post with "C.R.M" or "C-R-M" it might have been automatically filtered out by the veteran users that lurk here.
Phidgets also offer a decent controller. Just Google on "Phidgets USB".
FYI, insults don't usually get the results you're looking for.

This was one I looked at that seems to have the USB serial legacy drivers. I would prefer to avoid that method It would be good to find one that uses native USB host to the board.

Yes I like this.
Any of the boards look suitable but I really want to stay away from the legacy serial <> USB drivers.
I sell my gear to photographers. Getting them to delve into windows installed hardware settings is out of the question. I write enough software to do an installer to handle other issues but the warning on the parallax used drivers has me wanting some other solution that has native USB / its own driver.
Ive discovered coincluding they wont mess something up aint the truth. If something can be messed up, they will..

I agree, not usually.
Thank's for your help

You might want to check this one out: http://www.activewireinc.com /
Although, this is where I get to dump on them: I ordered a board from these guys a couple of years ago and paid $10 for UPS 2 Day shipping - only to find out their interpretation of that was evidently starting from they bloody well felt like it. It took 30+ days for the thing to arrive. I had to call them a couple of times to make *that* happen.
The product itself was good.
Look at the mini SSC controllers.
http://www.seetron.com/ssc.htm
I am using one to control two 100Amp RC motor drivers. They are easy to use and work with a USB to RS232 adapter.
-howy

Thank's howy
Checked this one, looks good Am trying to avoid the USB adapter and find one with on board USB if possible. may end up going with the serial <> USB in the end if I cant find such a thing.
Cheers Dave