Show off your stuff!

Hi everyone. I'm a complete newbie who can't wait to get started
messing around with electronics, and after that robotics. But since I
can't get started right now (too much schoolwork), my mind has been just
full of wild ideas!
So to help out my imagination, I thought I'd create a thread where
people can post projects that they're currently working on, web pages,
pictures, details, etc.
So share your stuff, let's see what cool things everyone is working on!
Reply to
Tim Ford

Blueeyedpop
Holy shit that's cool! :) It'll be years until I get to that point.
So is each link identical? I would guess they all are except for the first, which must steer.
Reply to
Tim Ford
Each link has an MiniPod from new micros. each link functionally identical, except head which has an rx receiver for debugging
Reply to
Blueeyedpop
Goto
and check out the website. Lots of pictures, projects and articles to get you going. Links to the other clubs and groups there too.
is another good site to see what people are doing.
Reply to
Earl Bollinger
Alan Kilian's Robot SHop Of Horrors.
Every Friday at my house 7:00 PM to about 2:00 AM. I need to update the last few months.
My home robots site:
Alan Kilian
Siafu -
'm about to make some big changes in this robot though.
chris in napa
Tim Ford wrote:
Reply to
chris
You've got it good, I live in Green Bay, WI where nothing like that exists. I don't even know another robot experimenter in the area.
Reply to
Garrett Mace
new design arm7 board

NEW_ARM_designer
Check the Sig, but needs a serious updating.
Reply to
Ray
Not very spectacular but you'll have to start somewhere.

> Hi everyone. I'm a complete newbie who can't wait to get started > messing around with electronics, and after that robotics. But since I > can't get started right now (too much schoolwork), my mind has been just > full of wild ideas! > > So to help out my imagination, I thought I'd create a thread where > people can post projects that they're currently working on, web pages, > pictures, details, etc. > > So share your stuff, let's see what cool things everyone is working on!
Reply to
Peter
Well, you've got to start somewhere. And I find it's best to just *find* the time. I have a full-time job, I write, and I am working on a Java behavioral programming library (open source).
Building your first robot *seems* like a big thing, but once you've done that building the next ones aren't that bad. If you like Java, I'd suggest one of James Caska's uVM chips (a PIC that you compile Java to --
. If you prefer a more BASIC mindset, then you can get one of Kronos Robotics Dios (or Athena) chips.
Each of these has enough libraries available to read sensors and control motors, and they cost less than $20 with free compilers.
If you don't know much about mechanics, try Budget Robotics
. I *love* Gordon's bases.
I don't sell anything, but I'm working on an open-source Java robotics framework. And I build a few robots. -- D. Jay Newman
D. Jay Newman
Not the greatest robots, but I do have lots of pictures.
Check out ONYX, my Nerf-bot.
Take care,
Tim Ford wrote:
Reply to