Show off your stuff!

Hi everyone. I'm a complete newbie who can't wait to get started messing around with electronics, and after that robotics. But since I
can't get started right now (too much schoolwork), my mind has been just full of wild ideas!
So to help out my imagination, I thought I'd create a thread where people can post projects that they're currently working on, web pages, pictures, details, etc.
So share your stuff, let's see what cool things everyone is working on!

Centipede! http://www.bio-bot.com/movies

Holy shit that's cool! :) It'll be years until I get to that point.
So is each link identical? I would guess they all are except for the first, which must steer.
Each link has an MiniPod from new micros. each link functionally identical, except head which has an rx receiver for debugging

Goto www.dprg.org and check out the website. Lots of pictures, projects and articles to get you going. Links to the other clubs and groups there too. www.robots.net is another good site to see what people are doing.

Alan Kilian's Robot SHop Of Horrors.
Every Friday at my house 7:00 PM to about 2:00 AM. I need to update the last few months.
http://www.infinetivity.com/~jsampson/rsoh /
My home robots site: http://bobodyne.com/web-docs/robots/index.html
--
- Alan Kilian <alank(at)timelogic.com>
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622

You've got it good, I live in Green Bay, WI where nothing like that exists. I don't even know another robot experimenter in the area.
Siafu - http://www.geocities.com/mwalimub/psoc_forth.html I'm about to make some big changes in this robot though.
chris in napa
Tim Ford wrote:

new design arm7 board http://arm.web7days.com
Check the Sig, but needs a serious updating.
--
Bye, Ray

http://home.hccnet.nl/raymond.van.elst /
Not very spectacular but you'll have to start somewhere. http://home.zonnet.nl/p.c.de.wolff/robotics/index.htm

Tim Ford wrote:

Well, you've got to start somewhere. And I find it's best to just *find* the time. I have a full-time job, I write, and I am working on a Java behavioral programming library (open source).
Building your first robot *seems* like a big thing, but once you've done that building the next ones aren't that bad. If you like Java, I'd suggest one of James Caska's uVM chips (a PIC that you compile Java to -- http://www.muvium.com /).
If you prefer a more BASIC mindset, then you can get one of Kronos Robotics Dios (or Athena) chips. http://www.kronosrobotics.com/
Each of these has enough libraries available to read sensors and control motors, and they cost less than $20 with free compilers.
If you don't know much about mechanics, try Budget Robotics (http://www.budgetrobotics.com/). I *love* Gordon's bases.

I don't sell anything, but I'm working on an open-source Java robotics framework. And I build a few robots. -- D. Jay Newman http://enerd.ws/robots /
Not the greatest robots, but I do have lots of pictures.
Check out ONYX, my Nerf-bot.
http://robotics.no-ip.org
Take care,