Servo motors & Gearboxes

Where do you get your servo motors and gearboxes? I'm working on a contract that was _supposed_ to be just circuit design, but the customer has asked me to help with picking out motors.

I'm looking at Anaheim Automation (which is, I assume, a reseller for cheap Chinese stuff) and Teknic (whose prices are amazingly close, and whom I've brushed up against in other contracts, and seen them highly rated). I'd be very happy to find more, particularly if the company actually makes an effort to control cogging and other parasitic torques down.

I'm looking for brushless motors and right-angle gearboxes with dual output shafts that are pretty efficient (i.e. no worm gears!) and can take some side loading.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Looked at these for a project but never used them.

If cogging is real important one might try a 3 phase induction motor and a motor controller. We have project that uses this aproach will good results. It wont be snappy but it will be smooth

Reply to
toolbreaker

Reply to
Ignoramus26765

I'm looking for suppliers for OEM.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Actually, typical induction motors tend to cog a fair amount if run at very low speeds, as the induced rotor poles slip from one set of rotor bars to the next. There are special motors built for servo use that have many much thinner shorting bars, and put a helical twist to them.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

you might try Servo Systems in NJ or Minarik (they're all over).

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Thanks , I learn somthing every day

Reply to