Stepper motors and Servo motors for CNC

Hey all, I'm just sending out some feelers.

I found a good line on brand new NEMA34 steppers (10 N.m or 1400 oz.in) with double 14mm shafts, 90VDC, 1.8 degree step angle at about $100 each plus shipping. I've tested out a couple and find them to have smooth operation and good torque.

I can also get similar sized Servos, 8Nm continuous, 15Nm max torque, 130VAC with drives for about $700.

The only problem is that the minimum order quantity is 50 pieces.

Is there a lot of interest out there from fellow hobbyists justifying importing these in bulk? They would work well on milling machine retrofits.

Send me an email if you are interested. Mike

Reply to
Lucky Strike

Please clarify: Is that 3 servos and 3 drives for $700 your cost or 1 ea.? If so, what would be your sale price...remember that profit is not a dirty word. Please get more info on the servo set-ups. What is YOUR project?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Sorry, I don't know why I assumed 3 ea. $700 per axis sound right in qty. depending on performance.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

$700 for 3 axis sounds too good to be true!

No, $700 gets one AC servo motor, one 1000 line encoder, 6m cables, and servo driver.

Pretty good deal in my estimation.

Send me an email for more specs.

Reply to
Lucky Strike

Depends on what size motor you're talking about. You can do it for far less than $700 with PMDC motors and Geckodrive controllers.

See my pages:

Richard J Kinch

It's an interesting link - can you really do the complete package, all brand new components, for under $700?

Keep in mind motor, encoder, cables, drive, etc.

I'm looking for something low cost off the shelf. I don't want to monkey around surplus shops looking for more than one offs then having to crack the cases open to add all the necessary parts to make it work. Would you sell complete packages for $700 with 1 year warranty?

Reply to
Lucky Strike