Stepper motors

Anyone know where i can get some new or secondhand stepper motors cheaply in the uk (about 400oz/in torque) ?

Anyone know where i can get some new or secondhand stepper motors cheaply in the uk (about 400oz/in torque) ?
says...

I have 6 steppers in my junk box, which you're welcome to for the cost of postage. I have no specs on them, but the labels on them read as follows:
Rapidsyn Model 23E-6108BH, 3.8vDC 1.25A 4 wire
Airpax 9904 112 31833 JZX 3062 MB01 8904
LZX-2010 990411231826 MB01 0286
LZX-1808 990411231807 MB08 0888
LZX-1808 990411231807 MB10 1808
Unknown motor - label missing, but same size as Rapidsyn one above.
I would guess the weight of the 6 above at about 3 pounds, so would guess postage at about 7-8. If you want them, let me know and I will get a postage figure for you.
Gary
Gary Cavie wrote:

Good range on here http://www.distel.co.uk /
Long established firm, no personal interest etc..
Regards,
Steve Salisbury UK
Gary Cavie wrote:

Would any of these motors be capable of powering the table feed of a small milling machine? (Thats what i want them for)
says...

Sorry, I honestly don't know - I have no specs for them. The two Rapdsyn motors look quite beefy, but that is all I can say!

The Rapidsyn motor(s) sound like single stack size 23 to me - and at that voltage/current rating I would very much doubt if they are more than 100 oz-in, very likely less. Big enough on a good day to drive a small desktop mill like the Sherline, but you might find even there that you would need a bit of reduction gearing to make it work sensibly.
If you are after 400 oz-in, you will only find that available in size 34 or 42. Size 23 motors max out at around the 200-250 oz-in range, depending on manufacturer.
(Measure the size of the motor flange - if it is 2.3" square its a size 23, 3.4" square it is a size 34,...etc.)
Regards, Tony

Site Timeline