Controlling 16 RC servo motors simultaneously

Is there any C code for ATMEL's AVR micro controllers to read servo motor position data from a serialport and control 16 RC servo motors
simultaneously?
"RC servo" <RC Servo> wrote in message

There is plenty of code out there for 8 channels. Why not use two AVRs?
Peter
Thank you for the idea. Would you tell me where can I find C code for AVR to drive 8 RC sermo motors?

"RC servo" <aaa> wrote in message

Most AVRs include 8 A/D channels for reading the servo pos. However, you would need external D/A to drive the motors. Your C codes depend on your external hardware.

Actually you need digital signals to drive the RD servo. No need for a D/A at all.
SioL

No, the servo-motors are controlled by a pulse train. You feed them a stream of pulses, where each pulse is between 1 and 2 ms wide, and the pulses repeat with about a 20ms period.

You don't need external hardware. You just need to generate digital pulses -- 5V logic levels should work fine.
--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! After this, I'm going
at to BURN some RUBBER!!
"RC servo" <aaa> wrote in message

Have a look at the Dontronics web site at http://www.dontronics.com/8515.html. This example is an 8 channel RC servo driver but it's written in assembler. A little work would get that translated into C.
Peter

assembler.
It's easily extensible to 16 channels as is. The servo positions are stored as data in ram, and there are interrupt driven serial routines in the same package, so in the main loop it would be trivial to parse out some language like S18 and stick the appropriate value in ram for the next update.
The only one's I know of is using one of the www.newmicros.com ISOPOD's or ServoPod's. They run upwards of 23 servos no problem. They have code examples too. You use the serial port to program and you can send commands to it if you program it so.
You could also do it using some of the AWC http://www.al-williams.com/pak8.htm PAK-8 pulse out co-processors too.
"RC servo" <RC Servo> wrote in message

Have you tried asking this as www.avrfreaks.net?