Neuron?

Does anyone have any information on a computer model for a neuron? This is for a machine intelligence experiment that I am working on.

It goes like this:

You have a neuron datatype. The datatype has values for input, input weights, output destinations, output weights, and memory storage. The datatype itself would be encapsulated into an object type with methods. Since each instance of an object is a pointer variable, I thought about having an array of objects and processing the data in the array sequentially, from position 0 through position x. Any changes to neuron data or firing states would be stored in a update buffer until the end of the array sequence was encountered. Then the update buffer would be read and all the neuron data would be updated at that point. Additionally, any flags that got set to create/destroy neurons would also be honored at this time. Then the process repeats.

Does this sound practical to anyone?

Reply to
Daniel Rudy

Blueeyedpop