most silent RC servo?

I am trying to build a gadget with a RC hobby servo. What I need is about 60-90 RPM and that seems doable with a regular hobby servo.

So I bought a couple of cheap ones (15-20 euro/$) from which I removed the mechanical stop and potentiometer and other electronic guts I don't need.

But I find them rather noisy. It ruins the effect of the gadget that I have in mind. Ideally it should not make any noise at all.

What is considered as the most silent RC servo? Brand? Model?

I also found a small gearmotor in my rubbish box, it is made by Bertsch. This one is quite silent, but I don't know where to get these in single quantaties. If anyone knows where to get these...

Reply to
Frank Bemelman

No R/C servo is really quiet, though you might have better success with a higher-end Futaba or Hitec. Opt for one with metal gears. Don't expect miracles, though.

Try Como Drills for small gearmotors. They have precision metal gears and the (older) ones I have are pretty quiet.

They are based in the UK.

-- Gord>

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Motors and gears are inherently noisy. If you want completely silent actuation, look into shape-memory alloys (e.g. muscle wire, nitinol, flexinol) or electrically activated polymers.

Reply to
Chris S.

Actually, if your actuation needs are miniscule, nanomuscle.com offers completely silent linear and rotational actuators.

Reply to
Chris S.

Yesterday I found a motor, made by Robbe, well actually Bertsch. Very silent, I have to hold it against my ear to hear it wirring. You can find them at

number is 1-4123 and some others.

Perhaps this link works:

Frank Bemelman