Wildfire 2 Swept Blend problem

I am hoping that someone on here that is more familiar with Wildfire 2 than myself can help me out with a Swept Blend issue I have encountered. Here's the full story. I created a surface model in 2000-i2 that had a cupped up beam feature(Advanced-Swept Blend-Surface) in it. Try to picture a feature that resembles half a tube tapered at about a 20 degree angle along its spine trajectory. The surface feature was defined by 4 sub-sections that were all derived from existing datum curve features via Use Edge functionality in Sketcher. I created the sub-section datum curve features by sketching their single arc entities on 'Make Datum' planes that were 'Through' 'On Curve-Actual Length' datum point features and 'Normal' to the existing spine trajectory datum curve feature. This worked beautifully through 2001. I could modify the trajectory or sub-section datum curve features and the surface feature would update with respect to these changes. No problems whatsoever. Okay. I had a requirement last week for a similar part model, so I did a 'Save A Copy' on the above-described surface model in Wildfire 2. Opened it up and modified the datum curve features' dimension parameters for the new design requirement, and the Swept Blend surface feature did NOT update.

Is there any way around this problem in Wildfire 2? Unless I am mistaken, an Extrude feature in WF 2 will allow the user to check off an option for making their section sketch associative to a pre-selected datum curve feature, or an internal section sketch that is non-associative. Or something similar to this. Regarding the Swept Blend in WF 2, I guess I'm just SOL regarding the utilization of existing datum curve features for my trajectory and sub-sections.

Thanks to everyone for your time.

V.H.

Reply to
V.H.

Except, the help files say something suggestive about trimmed, use edge splines, mentioning that they look for and need some references to determine tangency. Have you tried redefining the use edge curves to nail them down, so to speak. Axes on the end points of underlying geometry, center lines and dimensions, maybe? Or, how about offset or projected curves instead of sketcher 'use edge'?

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Ahhh, it's always happy news when things fix themselves.

: > Except, the help files say something suggestive about trimmed, use edge : splines, : > mentioning that they look for and need some references to determine : tangency. Have : > you tried redefining the use edge curves to nail them down, so to speak. : Axes on : > the end points of underlying geometry, center lines and dimensions, maybe? : Or, how : > about offset or projected curves instead of sketcher 'use edge'? : >

: > David Janes : : Thanks for your response David! You won't believe this, but I performed a : Shutdown today on my PC and restarted it, along with Wildfire 2 of course, : and now the surface feature geometry updates properly. Go figure. At any : rate, it appears as though I can indeed utilize existing datum curve : features for Swept Blend surface features' sub-section references. Same for : the trajectory. I am very pleased about this. : : Just thought I would pass along my findings since many of us are using : Wildfire now. : : V.H. : :