Pro/E Assembly Costing

We manufacturer and assemble hydraulic manifolds. We have decided to try an configure pro/E to provide costing while we run through the assembly process. This would allow real-time CBA while designing. Assemblies are made of raw bar stock with cavities and drillings assembled into the bar to create a manifold. Every feature has a cost associated with it based on qty or inches of depth.

I am concidering writing a jlink app to accomplish this but I am wondering about the possibility of having pro/e dump out a report listing the individual features and associated parameters needed to calculate cost. I could then parse this file and have a quick and dirty quoting prototype. The problem is, I can't seem to get pro/E to dump the parameters with the features. Preferably this would happen at the assembly level but if need be it could be dumped from a drawing.

Is this custom report possible or should I just bite the bullet and start with the j-link app. I wish we had a toolkit license 'cause sometimes j-link drives me crazy

TIA

Marc A, Ohmann

Reply to
Marc A. Ohmann