rpt_qty

It is possible in an assembly to extract automatically a parameter that represents how many times a particular item is present in the same assembly? In the repeat region of the module detail there is the parameter &rpt.qty, but I do not succeed to employ it in some way outside of the same table...

Reply to
AMinati

With the assembly open, do 'Info>Bill of Materials'. This produces a report, with quantities for each part, that can be saved as an html file. I know of nothing in Pro/e that loads this quantity information into a part/assembly parameter. I'm also pretty sure that the Pro/REPORT parameters which you use in a BOM table, like rpt_qty, don't communicate this information to other modules of Pro/e, such as Pro/PART or Pro/ASSEMBLY. There might be something along these lines in J-link, if you know Java programming, can get it set up properly and find documentation for it.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

- - - - - - - - - - "It is possible in an assembly to extract automatically a parameter that represents how many times a particular item is present in the same assembly? In the repeat region of the module detail there is the parameter &rpt.qty, but I do not succeed to employ it in some way outside of the same table..."

What is the object of the game?

I'd be mildly surprised to find that there is a quantity count maintained except in repeat regions and I don't believe there is a way to access anything like a rpt_qty:cid_xx:repeat_region_id_xx without resorting to some custom programming, j-link, etc. (If then.)

You could probably automate the process of counting instances ... Search tool, rule governed layer, etc. for one shot / manual update or semi-auto-associative tallies.

You can also, by filtering, create single cell repeat regions that report only the quantity for a given part number component.

Knowing the goal would help anyone that wants to conjure up another near miss or two, maybe even a bullseye if you get lucky. `;^)

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Reply to
pronto_1