Having trouble making a BOM

Wildfire 1.0 I am making a BOM from scratch:

  1. Set up a table: a. Make table with two rows AND 5 COLUMNS b. The first row reads: column 1, "item" column 2, "qty" column 3, "part name" column 4,"part number" column 5, "material" c. The secound row parameters are: "item"=&rpt.index, "qty"=&rpt.qty, "part name"=&asm.mbr.part_name, "part number"=&asm.mbr.part_number, "material"=&asm.mbr.material

d. The second row is set to be the repeat region.

  1. Each part file in the assembly has the parameters, part_name, part_number, part_number, material

The Table fills out almost like I want it to, I get every item in the assembly, if there is 6 springs I get six LINES of springs, I don't get one line with a "qty" of 6. If there is multiple items they get listed each time and the parameter "qty"=&rpt.qty does not seam to be working.

Is there something I am missing? Do i need another parameter somewhere?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Rpt.qty is working as it should, you just don't have the repeat region set up to work the way you want it to. Go to 'Table>Repeat Region>Attributes' and set it to No Duplicates. Rpt.qty will then collect and total similar components.

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks David, that is what I was missing. Some day I'll have all the answers. :)

Steve

Reply to
Steve