bom tables used with pro-assembly

I am currently running WF3. At the moment we are not even set up to be able to do what I want to do with the package that we have here. We don't currently have pro-assembly but would like to move to it in the near future. My question is help me for when we get pro-asssembly.

In the past I was able to use pro-assembly to do a very nice step by step of large assemblies showing in each step what components need to be added and where they will go. We had a BOM table related to this assembly so each step showed only what components are added at each step. Last fall I tried to do the same thing again. I no longer had access to the saved BOM table I had used before due to the fact that the company split into to separate companies and the file was saved on the server of the other company. So I tried to create one from scratch. I got the steps and everything set up fine, each step of the table showed what components were added just like the view but, and this is my problem, each step in the table also showed all of the components again that were used in all the previous steps. Not a big deal if it was one or two parts but I would have 10-50 pieces of hardware sometimes so I can't sit and exclude each one out in each step when I have 1000+ parts that get repeated in each step.

I know it can be done since my table worked before. I wasn't the one who created the original table so I don't know what this guy did that told the table to ignor all parts from previous steps. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!

Reply to
nancynivoy

[...]

What you are trying to do is create process steps, showing the assembly at each step of the process and the associated BOM for each step. It can be done but requires, as I'm sure you had before but might not have been aware of it, since the licensed modules just Pro/MAGICALLY show up, by some licensing trick done by admininstrators and managers who hold the purse strings. If you want to know if you are licensed to use this particular functionality, check 'Help>Technical Support Info' and look for the section called Configured Option Modules for an option called Pro/PROCESS_ASM. If you don't have this option, it won't be possible to do what you request. If you do, you should be able to go to the 'New' menu and pick Assembly. To the right, under Type, you should have one that says 'Process Plan' with a radio button to select and when you do so, you should get a Menu Manager menu that begins with 'Sequence'.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

- snipped-for-privacy@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com...

[...]

Thanks David, this part I understand and I did have Pro/Process_asm (I just forgot what it was called). I had no problem creating the different step by step views. It's with the table repeating all the parts of the previous steps. Each repeat region is set up to reflect each step but the table also adds all the parts from the previous steps. I can't even recreate this right now because here we currently don't have Pro/process but I would like to solve my problem so I can hit the floor running when we do get it.

Reply to
nancynivoy

.com... >

Thanks David, this part I understand and I did have Pro/Process_asm (I just forgot what it was called). I had no problem creating the different step by step views. It's with the table repeating all the parts of the previous steps. Each repeat region is set up to reflect each step but the table also adds all the parts from the previous steps. I can't even recreate this right now because here we currently don't have Pro/process but I would like to solve my problem so I can hit the floor running when we do get it. Let me just ask what report parameters generate the BOM report?

David Janes

Reply to
Janes