BOM, Balloon Numbering - 2005

BOM and balloons in a drawing Insert BOM Begin Ballooning

- Drawing with sub assemblies and components. BOM properties:

- Upper level selected

When attaching baloons the baloon numbers assigned to Assembly (parts) as though individual component, rather than sub assembly number. (if I described it right.

EG:

An assembly with 5 sub assemblies and 10 individual components. Each subassembly has greater than 10 components, including subs.

The BOM lists 15 items

selecting an item to balloon, from a view, and the baloon number comes up

  1. I.m expecting something like 12.

I can make it work by checking and unchecking the various BOM properties options - Upper level Assemblies", "Parts" and back again.

Question:

Is this a bug or is there a setting I can configure.

Thanks in Advance

JV

Reply to
JVandenelsen

Questions.

  1. What SP?
  2. SW BOM, or Excel BOM?
  3. Is it just one particular assy, or any assy?
  4. Have you tried a different drawing template?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

SP0

SW BOM

Any Assy

Aha! That gives me and idea. I'll give it a try and respond back here.

Thanks.

JV

Reply to
JVandenelsen

" snipped-for-privacy@carrollhealthcare.com" wrote in news:Xns95D3929CA9039JVandenelsencarrollh@216.196.97.131:

Well, that wasn't it. The problem persists using any template. (BOM groups correctly while the balloon numbers group for a momemt and revert back to ungrouped numbering.)

Reply to
JVandenelsen

Are you ballooning the same view as has the BOM attached? I don't use the SW BOM so I'm speaking from a bit of ignorance, but with the Excel BOM, if you are ballooning a view that is tied to a different configuration than the view tied to the BOM, you often get strange results.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Yes, Balooning from the same view. However, that gave me a thought. So I checked the congfiguration on that view. Sure enough, not the same as what I had checked in the BOM propderties.

That's done it. I'm good now.

Thanks for the help.

JV

Reply to