VX anyone :-P, lol

Sorry, but I could not help to point you in this direction, after reading the post about VX, maybe this link might help those into molding.

pete

pete

I had a run in with VX salemen about a year ago. They were feeding my management a load of c..p about SW to try and get the sale. They stated:

  1. SolidWorks couldn't do surfaces/surfacing
  2. SolidWorks accuracy was insufficient to do CNC for machining.
  3. SolidWorks couldn't deal with point clouds/scanner data. Of those only one is true or partially true and that is 3.
Reply to
P.

Now you have got me intrigued! What is a point cloud and what is it used for?? It maybe a term that I have not heard of, referring to something that I do know, lol I am British you know, living in good old England, still with gas lamps in some places, even though we have upgraded to metric, pmsl :-P I forgot to mention MDT, we tried that also, cough! cough! Lets just say that I personally, found Turbocad to be better. :-s Ps:- Turbocad was the first cad program that I had ever used, then Autocad, and now hmmm,??? oh yes Solidworks, :-)

Reply to
pete

To me, it seemed like their benchmark process was over-simplified. Perhaps this was just four journalistic purposes.

Reply to
That70sTick

Usually a set of sample points collected by a scanning / measuring / 3D digitizing device (Faro Arm, etc.).

Reply to
Jeff Howard

So what is your point Jon?

The salesmen didn't say VX had better surfacing which it probably does from what I have seen. They said SW didn't have ANY surfacing and that was a flat out, categorical lie. When salesmen have to lie to keep from having their product compared to another it tells you something about the company and its product.

As far as your #4 goes it really didn't matter because in that case the company didn't have a CNC machine capable of anything more than what BOBCAD could produce. Fact of the matter was the company didn't buy VX and ended up trying SW in that application which for them allowed one person to do the work of three with no retraining. Since they already had SW buying another package made no sense at all.

The company didn't have a scanner and frankly didn't need > P. wrote:

Reply to
P.