Sequential launch controller circuit diagram

Hi there, I was searching around for a sequential launch contoller circuit and found this old post.
I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of
something similar to what is described below.
(the webpage is 404 - standard geocities link! :)
cheers, mitch.
---quoting old post below-------------
Hi list,
I have posted to my web page a little project of mine, that might be interesting for this list.
It's sequential launch controller, that can launch 3 rockets one after another in presettable time from 9,9 sec. to 0,1 sec. Included is also countdown timer.
Have a look at:
http://www.geocities.com/jurem2000/deluxe.htm
Any comments are welcome.
Regards Jure

Its not working this instant, but you can view copies of old web sites at : http://web.archive.org /
Alternativly you could do something with 555 timers, there is a nifty little book available from Maplins for about a fiver which shows how to use and chain them and also use decade counters.
Halam

My error, forgot not everyone is in UK. try this http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo 3&criteriaU5%20project&doy=4m8

After reading through the Model Rocketry isn't this type of launch controller frowned on? I thought automatic count down timers were unsafe, unless there is some kind of cut off that will interrupt the countdown? Sorry if this is a newbie type reply. I am starting back into the hobby again with my kids, so I am trying to get up to speed with the changed over the last 20 years. Steve
steve wrote: > After reading through the Model Rocketry [Safety Code] isn't this type > of launch controller frowned on? I thought automatic count down timers > were unsafe, unless there is some kind of cut off that will interrupt > the countdown?
Yes, the launcher should be fully under the control of the operator at all times. That way a launch can be "scrubbed" at the last second if, say, a youngster runs up to the launch pad. But that can be accommodated in an automatic sequencer: just design it so that the operator has to keep the launch button pressed throughout the launch sequence; releasing the button terminates the sequence.
--
Steve Humphrey
(replace "spambait" with "merlinus" to respond directly to me)