Sequential launch controller circuit diagram

Hi there, I was searching around for a sequential launch contoller circuit and found this old post.

I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of something similar to what is described below.

(the webpage is 404 - standard geocities link! :)

cheers, mitch.

---quoting old post below-------------

Hi list,

I have posted to my web page a little project of mine, that might be interesting for this list.

It's sequential launch controller, that can launch 3 rockets one after another in presettable time from 9,9 sec. to 0,1 sec. Included is also countdown timer.

Have a look at:

Any comments are welcome.

Regards Jure

Reply to
Mitch

Its not working this instant, but you can view copies of old web sites at :

Alternativly you could do something with 555 timers, there is a nifty little book available from Maplins for about a fiver which shows how to use and chain them and also use decade counters.

Halam

Reply to
Halam Rose

My error, forgot not everyone is in UK. try this

Halam Rose

After reading through the Model Rocketry isn't this type of launch controller frowned on? I thought automatic count down timers were unsafe, unless there is some kind of cut off that will interrupt the countdown? Sorry if this is a newbie type reply. I am starting back into the hobby again with my kids, so I am trying to get up to speed with the changed over the last 20 years. Steve

Reply to
steve

steve wrote: > After reading through the Model Rocketry [Safety Code] isn't this type > of launch controller frowned on? I thought automatic count down timers > were unsafe, unless there is some kind of cut off that will interrupt > the countdown?

Yes, the launcher should be fully under the control of the operator at all times. That way a launch can be "scrubbed" at the last second if, say, a youngster runs up to the launch pad. But that can be accommodated in an automatic sequencer: just design it so that the operator has to keep the launch button pressed throughout the launch sequence; releasing the button terminates the sequence.

Reply to
Steve Humphrey

The "Mad Scientist" has a sequential controller:

I would also be concened about safety. Needs a deadman switch or somthing, one that has to be pressed for the launching to continue.

Reply to
Jim