Launch Controller Features

If you were in the market to buy a single-pad launch controller, what sort of features would you want in it?

Reply to
Underfoote Engineering

High-current remote relay system with a reliable igniter continuity readout back to the controller.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

A self distruct button would be nice :-) But really, a voltage meter would very handy, nothing is worse than pushing the button and nothing happens because your battery is low or dead. Dave Tribrids rule ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dave Griffith TRA 7956 The R.A.T.T.-works Monterey Machine Products

1504-A Industrial Park Street Covina, CA 91722 U.S.A.
MONTMACH

I want pretty much the same things Dave mentioned, except I don't need remote continuity checking. Just check it out at the pad -- and of course it needs to be flashbulb-safe. I also like to have a launch button sturdy enough that I can step on it to launch the rocket, leaving my hands free to snap a liftoff photo.

The Pratt SureFire II is the system I own and it already has every feature I need, all in a convenient, portable container.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Oh yeah, that's also a must, and is another feature I like in the Pratt SureFire. :)

Reply to
RayDunakin

The U.S. Rockets controller. Wanna be a contractor and make 200?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"The harder you push, the higher it goes."

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry wrote, in re to launch buttons:

LOL!

Reply to
RayDunakin

DVD player cup holder cigarette lighter *

  • But really, a back up launcher for when the overly complex system fails.
Reply to
Alan Jones

Reply to
Mike

Do you ever catch yourself pushing harder when you have a misfire? Pointless as it seems, I'm guilty :-)

David

Reply to
Dlogan