Launch pad plans?

Bought my son his first model rocket kit. I was wondering if there is
any place out there with plans for launch pad? Though maybe he would
get more out of building from scratch than just buying a cheap one.
Reply to
tcobb
Here's a great one that is super simple, cheap, easy to make, easy to use, and sturdy enough for both model and high power rockets:

RayDunakin
For model to LMR stuff I've been using a mini Chad Pad for over a decade now:
My electrical system is described at:
Bob Kaplow
buying a cheap one.
1. Photo tripod. (Any thrift store or yard sale about $5) 2. Drill replacement chuck ( $4 at Ace, Lowe's, etc.) 3. Rods 1/8th" - 5/8ths" in diameter, 3'- 5' long at Ace, etc. about $2-$4 each.
It will be extendable, self leveling, accommodate multiple rods and anything from 1/2 A to G engines with no problem. Last a lifetime.
Randy
Reply to
<randyolb
I used to just use an empty Estes engine casing... poke out the remains of the nozzle; slide it over the rod...
-dave w
> Cheap and it works. > . > . > . > . >
> > Bought my son his first model rocket kit. I was wondering if there is > > any place out there with plans for launch pad? Though maybe he would > > get more out of building from scratch than just buying a cheap one.
Reply to
David Weinshenker

Site Timeline