Launch pad plans?

Bought my son his first model rocket kit. I was wondering if there is any place out there with plans for launch pad? Though maybe he would get more out of building from scratch than just buying a cheap one.

Reply to
tcobb

Check out

Les Kramer

Reply to
Les Kramer

Reply to
Digger

Here's a great one that is super simple, cheap, easy to make, easy to use, and sturdy enough for both model and high power rockets:

RayDunakin

For model to LMR stuff I've been using a mini Chad Pad for over a decade now:

My electrical system is described at:

Bob Kaplow

buying a cheap one.

  1. Photo tripod. (Any thrift store or yard sale about )
  2. Drill replacement chuck ( at Ace, Lowe's, etc.)
  3. Rods 1/8th" - 5/8ths" in diameter, 3'- 5' long at Ace, etc. about - each.

It will be extendable, self leveling, accommodate multiple rods and anything from 1/2 A to G engines with no problem. Last a lifetime.

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Stick a 1/8" rod in the ground. Use a clothes pin to hold the rocket above the ground. Cheap and it works. . . . .

Reply to
Chad L. Ellis

I used to just use an empty Estes engine casing... poke out the remains of the nozzle; slide it over the rod...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker