HPR Pad plans needed

I'm looking to build (or realistically, have built) an HPR pad. I've seen a couple at various launches that use a turnbuckle for elevation adjustment, that seem to be pretty slick. Something out of 1-1.5" square steel stock, capable of handling a rocket in the

10-15 pound range.

Any hints where to find such a thing?

Thanks! Norman

Reply to
Norman Heyen

find on 'launch'
search on 'HPR launch pad'
search on 'the wokpad'

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

for

out

the

All but the last one will sell me a pad, but not the plans to one. And Yellow Jacket (Jim Ball) isn't selling any until further notice. The last entry is made out of a bunch of pipes. Close, but not what I was looking for.

Couldn't locate the pad I've seen using these before I posted. I'll check again, but was hoping someone had a plan bookmarked.

Thanks for taking the time though.

Norman

Reply to
Norman Heyen

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind, but I was looking for a welding project for my son. :-) Should have mentioned that before, I guess.

Norman

Reply to
Norman Heyen

That reminds me. I really should put SEVERAL welding plans on the website. Perhaps I need reminding im email.

Buying from the site annoys NAR and TRA to no end.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The idea was you could look at them and get an idea on what you need to build one. Even a simple X of 2x4s with a hole down the center could be replicated in steel. (and the design might make a great learning experience for a young person....).

#2 on a yahoo search of 'hpr launch pad'

yahoo search on 'hpr launch pad plans'
could tweak it a bit and build it out of tubing.

Is it the Quadpod?

couldn't think of the name earlier. One of the best around, but made of cast components. Now, if you have a furnace and casting sand,....

Here's another that doesn't tilt. But you can see how it's constructed in the photo.

Some big ones you could scale down
The real question is what did you see in that pad that caught your attention? Can you describe it a bit? There are several solutions for each attribute of pad designs, some are pvc for portability, some steel for durability,... Incorporate your needs and come up with your own design!

Joel. phx

Sorry, I'm a ground support equipment freak!

Reply to
Joel Corwith

No plans, but a couple of pictures on how we made ours;

Kevin Patterson

TOOLS R US

If you are thinking of using a rail instead of a launch rod try this URL out:

I highly recommend rails for all rockets over 1# in weight and this stand is one of the best I've seen for rails. The only problem is having several joints in the aluminum frame that need to be welded.

Ken Holloway

Reply to
Ken Holloway

this

this

is

welded.

Thanks! Being printed out as I type this. Maybe I'm over-designing this... Or can use this as a basis for the mounting. I'm not sold on the cantilever with the rail and the 6" separation at the pivots. Seems like it can get 'twisty', but then again, I'm not flying anything huge.

Norman

Reply to
Norman Heyen