Anybody else seen this on the USR website?

Don't know where it's linked on the site, but is there with a google search!

Seems Jerry took a bunch of quotes out of context and posted them to support his products or slam his competitors!

included are:

Alan Jones Robert DeHate Ray Dunakin Doug Sams Fred Shecter

and many others.......

Reply to
AZ Woody

I was in sales for a number years before returning to manufacturing. There is a huge difference between claiming your product is an improvement over your compeditor and just flat out trashing the other guy. That type of negativity usually comes back to bite you in the ass.Of course Jerry loves that!

Dale Greene

Reply to
Dale Greene

This is typical of Jerry's sleaziness. Never underestimate how low Jerry can go.

I see he still has a page advertising his ripoff reloads for AT's LUR motors, though at least he removed the stolen graphics.

Reply to
raydunakin

I'm "quoted" on this page, though it's completely out of context. What's funny, is that he even quoted AT people. While he might have thought he had a hope of influencing people to his products, it's just another example of how reality and JI have never met... even in passing.

Reply to
AZ Woody

This is a standard mode of operation for him and is done with frequency on the website, in posts here, TRF and anywhere he spews his misinformation.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Na AZ, just another example of "big fine's" character; you know, his propensity for "taking liberties with the truth".. However, what can you expect from a life long example of an A-moral character, demonstrated by Jerry's past and present behavior. Sorry, no smile after that thought, I found the thought quite sad, although truthful.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Wow, I'm famous! For BS musing no less. I've never even purchased or used USR products. I do assume USR products and service is great, because Jerry has two (at least) strikes against him and he lives in a glass house. He can't afford anything less than 100% customer satisfaction. More quotable BS.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

A website full of venom and vaporware! I've never bought anything from this man, and I never will.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

How pathetic :( Not just normal pathetic but kinda sorta like 'psychotic' pathetic. And to think this is iz's rocketry hero.

It's just all psychotic pathetic behavior. Very sad.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

I think Jerry is at best, a maladjusted person with a persecution complex and at worst, an egomaniacal, self-absorbed nutjob of grade "A" caliber.

But that being said, after having two REALLY nice rockets destroyed or nearly destroyed on Aerotech SU motors thanks to an ABSURDLY OVER-LONG delay (8 seconds instead of 4), and another obliterated by a CATO which sent shrapnel buzzing inches past my ear, I have to say....

MORE POWER TO HIM.

Reply to
Vince

Well, to say Jerry is a nut job is over stating the case. He is passionate and he is determined with an "in you face" "lead, follow or get out of the way" kind of attitude. My dealings with him have all been good though his communication at times has been cryptic. I like him, but then, he's never quoted... me in or out of context. I do have to admit, my patience runs thin when the press quotes me incorrectly or edits my quote to suit their perception. So if I were on somebody's web site and quoted in such a way as that my original meaning might be misconstrued, I would be upset to say the least. My experience with Jerry's SU motors has been stellar. Each and every time they performed flawlessly and exactly as specified. That being said, I have seen a number of his reloads fail. Whether or not this was due to loader's error or construction/design/manufacturing flaws I can't say.

Reply to
Reece Talley

But remember, Jerry has said that he's not USR (including to the court) and that USR doesn't sell motors!

Reply to
AZ Woody

And how many Aerotech motors have you flown, total?

BTW, if "shrapnel" from a single-use motor went buzzing past your ear, you were way too close to the pad. Safe distance requirements exist for a reason.

What makes you think Jerry's motors are any better?

I've flown plenty of Jerry's motors in the past, and tons of AT motors. I've also flown a bunch of ProXX motors, a few Ellis motors, and a good number of other brands past and present (Reaction Labs, Ravenna, Syner-Jet, Teeling Tech, Estes, etc.)

I've had catoes and/or delay/ejection failures with ALL of those brands. Some had more problems than others. So far, the most reliable (based on my personal experiences and observations) have been Aerotech and CTI (ProXX). I would place Jerry's motors somewhere around the upper middle of the reliability scale -- definitely not the worst, but not quite best either.

raydunakin

OK, so I was wrong, Jerry did quote me on his web site. Fortunately, what he said is exactly what I said and I stand by it still. The Mantis Pad is was and remains today (AFAIK) a worthless, semi-dangerous POS. I sold the Vaughn Brothers pad to another rocketeer, I hope he still likes it because I miss it. The Rocket Vision pad is still in service and it works great. I just wish I had the second mid power pad so that one could remain set up for rail launching.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Not many, but my failure rate with 24mm and 18mm Aerotech SU motors has been about 33%.

My experience with the RMS motors has been very good, though.

I was 30 feet away from a D21-7, which I believe is WELL ouside the safe distance requirements. It CATO'd violently, and once of the densest pieces buzzed right past my ear. Never found it.

Let me write this in caps, in case you have difficulty reading small print: I NEVER SAID ANY SUCH THING, AND DID NOT MAKE THAT CLAIM.

Was that clear enough? My GOD, I simply state that I've had dismal reliability problems with Aerotech, and you jump all over my case like I'm some sort of Jerry groupie, which I am clearly not.

Reply to
Vince

ah yes annother village idiot ,,,as in, we are bored and must dredge up something to cause a stir.. I have nothing better to contribute

you sir are dispicable...and have just proven yorself just as pitifull as the scum you obviously admire so much

Reply to
spiff

Say what???

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

And the village idiot has spoken....

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Encouraging Jerry's AT-bashing by saying "MORE POWER TO HIM" sure doesn't sound to me like "simply" a report of reliability problems with a few motors.

raydunakin

What's your problem? Do you think Jerry should get away with these kind of sleazy tactics? Do you call the local reporter a "village idiot" whenever he uncovers something reprehensible? If someone reports a crime, do you blame them instead of blaming the person who committed the crime?

raydunakin