Anybody else seen this on the USR website?

http://v-serv.com/usr/testimonials.otherbrands.htm
Don't know where it's linked on the site, but is there with a google search!
Seems Jerry took a bunch of quotes out of context and posted them to support his products or slam his competitors!
included are:
Alan Jones Robert DeHate Ray Dunakin Doug Sams Fred Shecter
and many others.......
AZ Woody wrote:

I was in sales for a number years before returning to manufacturing. There is a huge difference between claiming your product is an improvement over your compeditor and just flat out trashing the other guy. That type of negativity usually comes back to bite you in the ass.Of course Jerry loves that!
Dale Greene
I'm "quoted" on this page, though it's completely out of context. What's funny, is that he even quoted AT people. While he might have thought he had a hope of influencing people to his products, it's just another example of how reality and JI have never met... even in passing.

search!
support
AZ Woody wrote:

Na AZ, just another example of "big fine's" character; you know, his propensity for "taking liberties with the truth".. However, what can you expect from a life long example of an A-moral character, demonstrated by Jerry's past and present behavior. Sorry, no smile after that thought, I found the thought quite sad, although truthful.
Fred

AZ Woody wrote:

This is typical of Jerry's sleaziness. Never underestimate how low Jerry can go.
I see he still has a page advertising his ripoff reloads for AT's LUR motors, though at least he removed the stolen graphics.
I guess nothing new has come up in rmr, just Jerry and his old scmas and sleaze...........wonder of wonders, but then again I am not surprised either.
"Just Foxeye"
On 2 Jul 2005 23:20:39 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

=============================================Put some color in your cheeks...garden naked! "The original frugal ponder" ~~~~ }<((((o> ~~~~~~ }<{{{{o> ~~~~~~~ }<(((((o>
Once in a while he changes the words but the story stays the same.
On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:57:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@home.now (Roy) wrote:

AZ Woody wrote:

This is a standard mode of operation for him and is done with frequency on the website, in posts here, TRF and anywhere he spews his misinformation.
-Kevin

Wow, I'm famous! For BS musing no less. I've never even purchased or used USR products. I do assume USR products and service is great, because Jerry has two (at least) strikes against him and he lives in a glass house. He can't afford anything less than 100% customer satisfaction. More quotable BS.
Alan

A website full of venom and vaporware! I've never bought anything from this man, and I never will.
--
Joe Michel
NAR 82797 L2

Thank you.
AZ Woody wrote:

How pathetic :( Not just normal pathetic but kinda sorta like 'psychotic' pathetic. And to think this is iz's rocketry hero.
It's just all psychotic pathetic behavior. Very sad.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
I think Jerry is at best, a maladjusted person with a persecution complex and at worst, an egomaniacal, self-absorbed nutjob of grade "A" caliber.
But that being said, after having two REALLY nice rockets destroyed or nearly destroyed on Aerotech SU motors thanks to an ABSURDLY OVER-LONG delay (8 seconds instead of 4), and another obliterated by a CATO which sent shrapnel buzzing inches past my ear, I have to say....
MORE POWER TO HIM.
Well, to say Jerry is a nut job is over stating the case. He is passionate and he is determined with an "in you face" "lead, follow or get out of the way" kind of attitude. My dealings with him have all been good though his communication at times has been cryptic. I like him, but then, he's never quoted... me in or out of context. I do have to admit, my patience runs thin when the press quotes me incorrectly or edits my quote to suit their perception. So if I were on somebody's web site and quoted in such a way as that my original meaning might be misconstrued, I would be upset to say the least. My experience with Jerry's SU motors has been stellar. Each and every time they performed flawlessly and exactly as specified. That being said, I have seen a number of his reloads fail. Whether or not this was due to loader's error or construction/design/manufacturing flaws I can't say.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow

thin
as
the
due
OK, so I was wrong, Jerry did quote me on his web site. Fortunately, what he said is exactly what I said and I stand by it still. The Mantis Pad is was and remains today (AFAIK) a worthless, semi-dangerous POS. I sold the Vaughn Brothers pad to another rocketeer, I hope he still likes it because I miss it. The Rocket Vision pad is still in service and it works great. I just wish I had the second mid power pad so that one could remain set up for rail launching.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
My Mantis I bought for a good price before I read the reviews. O.K. for small models. Launched a Richter Recker on Saturday the 2nd on E9-6's. Had a neat flight with all three burning at once. Landed onfield on one 36" parachute. I did have dual chutes but used Kevlar to connect both parts as I don't want to have to chase after two pieces.. The 36 incher was enough to safely bring it down but now I am going to ditch the second chute and use a 48" jobbie.
When I got back to the "Mantis", the blast deflector was bent sideways a little bit from the three BP motors. Have launched several models less than a 1lb. or slightly over and it works O.K. but the B.D. is rapidly being eroded through by the APCP engines. And yes I am using a standoff. I am wanting to get something better
Kurt Savegnago
Reece Talley wrote:

A 2' or 3' square or round piece of plywood with a 4" long piece of 2x4 glued and screwed to its center works great as a launch pad base. Simply drill a 1/4" hole vertically through the middle of the 2x4, and then drill a 1/2" hole from the back side through just the plywood. Wrap tape around one end of your 6' long 1/4" steel launch rod, and insert it from the bottom of your launch pad base. Drill or punch a 1/4" hole in the bottom of a large tomato can (or coffee can), and drop it, open end down, over the rod to use as a blast deflector. Slide an expended Estes D engine down the rod to serve as a spacer, to lift the rocket off of the blast deflector.
Buy the steel rod at your local metals supplier. Cold rolled steel should run you under $5 (probably closer to $3) for a 6' long piece of 1/4" diameter rod. If you want easier maintenance, and no worry about rust, you could upgrade to stainless steel rod (303,304, or 316) for only a few dollars more.
If you want the base to be much more stable with larger rockets, just use a larger piece of plywood, and upgrade to a piece of 4x4, or two stacked 2x4 pieces, as the rod support. If you took two 18" long pieces of 4x4, and notched them to mate together in an "X", you could screw them to a 4' square piece of 1/2" plywood (half a sheet), and have a pad capable of easily handling 15 or 20 pound rockets using a 1/2" rod, and costing you under $25 to make, including the rod.
Launch pads don't have to be all-metal to be sturdy. Wood works great, and is easy to work with using tools that almost everyone has in their garage already.
Plus, it can be dirt cheap!
- Rick "Cheap bastard" Dickinson
--
Every parliament or congress worldwide should be equipped with a
hundred-pound chunk of sodium in the entrance foyer, such that any
Reece Talley wrote:

"get out of the way" kind of attitude. My dealings with him have all been ... cryptic. I do have to admit, my patience runs thin... I have seen a number of his reloads fail.
There. Now it's happened to you too.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

I tried to tell him. ;-)
--