Anybody else out there doing Armored trains

I finally got enough parts to do a reasonable size diorama - is anybody else out there interested in armored trains - German WW II.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

"Val Kraut" wrote in news:47ba0f27$0$14637$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

In 1/35 I have the Dragon Armored rail cars and the freight cars that go with them. In 1/72 I have have I think all of the Hasegawa rail guns, and some resin flat cars and the CMK diesel switcher that was used to move the 28cm gun around. Now I'm just waiting in the 1/72 kreigslokomotive. I may make an improved version of the muntions vehicle by using a better hull and running gear with the suoerstructure. And I have all of the Dragon stuff in 1/144. Just wich there was some motive power dor them, I have a almost enough track to do a yard type scene with a Karal a 28cm, the armored rail cars and the freight wagons.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

ctually I also do model railroading. In HO my layout is (going to be) a WWII East Coast road. flats of Shermans and other chaariots of mayhem on the way to the ports for overseas duty. Got a 4 car set of the Pullmna troop sleeprs and kitchen, too. Got some Roco vehicles and what is it Heiser?, a couple of thier Sherman kits. Some one makes tanks and artillery covered in tarps (nice chunk of resin with an outline of a vehicle) for flat car laods, too. Haven't bought any yet of those as they are expensice, but it occurs to me they should be fairly easy to dupe in resin.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

And mine is in N scale. I have two Con Cor troop train collector sets, one Con Cor hospital train collector set, sixteen Pullman troop sleepers, and a half-dozen kitchen cars (some plain and some hospital). While I have twelve flat cars with M7 Priests (two on each), I also have twelve with Shermans on them - one each on a 40' flat car. I'm currently working on a dozen or so flats with "captured" German tanks and halftracks (Dragons, CanDo's, and Milleniums) chained down.

The one drawback is that the armor is 1/144, while the railroad stuff is 1/160 - but I'm not a rivet-counter so I can live with that slight discrepancy.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

don't discount paper mache. use one gun or whatever for the mold, drape plastic over it, make a paper mache outline from those and peel off plastic when done. you could even use mache strips with a covering coat. the price of materials would let you fill many cars. plus there are many variety of mixes so you can do slow or fast dry.

Reply to
someone