Anyone else working on Trumpeter F4U-4?

Just started - washed the parts and and started engine assembly. Anybody have advice. I plan to use Model Master Enamels. The color sheet seems a bit contradictory. They call out Zinc Chromate on one brand and Interior Green (which I always thought was a bit darker and less yellow) on another. Any major errors to correct? So far looks like a nice kit. As of now I plan to do the Korean War version.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Val:

For a complete and thorough review, (warts & all !) visit:

Cheers!

Rick Fluke snipped-for-privacy@blackfoot.net

Reply to
Unamodeler

Rick, Thanks for the pointer to the site. The article re-enforces some thoughts I was already having. In particular about moving parts and how to display the wings -folded or straight. It's always been my experience that when you move parts, you scrap paint and do cumulative damage including breaking hinges.Also get friends who say - "hey look it not only moves it comes off".

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut