DC Motor Controller "Inhibit Circuit"?

I'm finally getting around to wiring up my Beel Inc Motor Controller. (ebay id     beelindustrial)
Basically similar to a KBIC-125. The kit I have has a forward/break/
reverse switch. The wiring diagram for the switch shows lines that go out to the "Inhibit Circuit". This is for a "brake" type feature.
The controller is working great, but I've not experimented with the Brake feature as I only have the 25Watt resistor hooked up which will probably become a short lived light bulb if I flipped it on.
Any Ideas on what this should go to? I have an email out to the company but this is the last step for getting my lathe up and running.
A standard stove burner element runs from about 25 to 45 ohms depending on the size, rated at 1000 watts and up. I get them for free at an appliance recyclers.
Our new Haas TL-1 came with what looked like a coffee pot burner on the back, it was the brake resister. It would probably work nicely for keeping the coffee warm if you were doing production work. :)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 19:29:42 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

I don't know how your controller differs from a KBIC, but the inhibit on a KBIC simply shuts off armature current - it's not a braking function. It's been a while since I've used one, but my recollection is that you jumper the inhibit terminals to turn off the drive output. Leave them open and the drive functions normally. A separate (big) relay would be required, in addition to the resistor, to set up braking and reversing with KBIC.
--
Ned Simmons

So the inhibit circuit is a separate circuit that is a stop function. Doesn't have anything to do with the braking function.
Thanks for clearing that up.
I was right though. The resistor that came with it isn't quite upto the task, got cherry red when I hit the brake.
Tomorrow I'll go try to find a bigger resistor element when I go buy the replacement fuse (miswired something on the switch, oops).
Thanks guys.

I received a very prompt reply from Beel instructing me that I can wire the inhibit into the main controller board on 2 of the terminals. This makes the brake like an off switch as well as acting as a brake.