MAN SPENDS CHRISTMAS EVE UPSIDE DOWN IN SEPTIC TANK

The 77-year-old man spent part of Christmas Eve stuck upside down in the
opening of his septic tank, with his head inside and his feet kicking in
the air above.
"It wasn't good, I'll tell you what," Schoff said Tuesday. "It was the
worst Christmas Eve I've ever had."
Schoff reached into the tank Monday in an effort to find a clog, but he
lost his balance and got wedged into the opening.
The 5-foot-5-inch, 135-pound Schoff hollered and screamed for help, but
it was an hour before his wife, Toni, walked by a window and saw his
feet in the air.
"I saw these kicking feet and ran out, but couldn't get him out," Toni
Schoff said.
She called 911 and two Polk County sheriff's deputies yanked her husband
out of the tank.
"I thought it was the end of my life," Schoff said. "Thank God my wife
saw me. I don't think I could have stood staying in there much more."
Reply to
X-RAIDED

[...]
Stormin Mormon
He may have thought: "........Schoff said Tuesday. "It was the worst Christmas Eve I've ever had." But, considering the number of people overcome by methane in similar situations, this was more like..The luckiest Christmas Eve..he's ever had.
dennis in nca
Reply to
rigger
A friend of mine had one of those big, blue plastic barrels sunk into the ground and the water shut-off for his camp was down inside it. They had a birthday party at the camp for his grandson, later that night after everyone else had left he went out to shut off the water and as he was leaning into the barrel he fell in head first and got wedged in. His wife called their SIL and asked him to go back to camp and check on him since he hadn't come home. His SIL found him dead as there was a good amount of water in the barrel and he drowned.
Reply to
Siskuwihane
For some ghastly stuff, read NIOSH reports on "confined space accidents".
Ignoramus8643
A friend of mine had one of those big, blue plastic barrels sunk into the ground and the water shut-off for his camp was down inside it. They had a birthday party at the camp for his grandson, later that night after everyone else had left he went out to shut off the water and as he was leaning into the barrel he fell in head first and got wedged in. His wife called their SIL and asked him to go back to camp and check on him since he hadn't come home. His SIL found him dead as there was a good amount of water in the barrel and he drowned.
This same thing happens to kids and five gallon buckets partially filled with water. What a horrible thought that is. Steve
Reply to
Up North
I haved a cousin who fell into a cow tank at about 5 years old. His mom couldn't find him for a while, and was looing quite a while.. He was standing on his toes, with his head tipped back, and just his nose sticking out.
HOW a 5 year old had the courage and determination to stand there like that, in tha ticy water for the afternoon I can harldy imagine. He was fine. I don't think he played near the cow tank again though!
Reply to
Half-Nutz