Ampere turn diagram

Hello Guys
I've been looking at some old engineering documents that relate to the calculation of transformer reactance, it goes on to explain the use of
ampere turn diagrams as an aid to reactance calculations.
Now I've related the trapeziums to coil dimensions - but I was trying to understand how these trapeziums are constructed with more complex winding arrangements.
Are there any engineers here who are willing and can explain how to construct the ampere turn diagram from the coil dimensions.
TIA Euclid ( please remove spambin to reply)

I am not familiar with the method you talk about.
I find it difficult to believe that fundamental understanding of electromagnetism and and circuit theory is insufficient for the calculation of inductance. If nothing else 0.5*L*I^2=the stored magnetic energy at peak current.
Bill -- Fermez le Bush--about two years to go.