AMPERE TURN FORMULA

I want to design a electromagnet which can pul iron piecs from a distance of 250mm or 500 gauss at the distance of 200mm.I am trying here to show drawing of this Magnet:

------TOP IRON PLATE---- =================== || C|| P || C ||--FOUR SIDE IRON PLATE || C|| || C ||--C: IRON POLE || C|| || C ||

- ----------------- -- - S.S. FACE PLATE | | DISTANCE 200MM FOR PICKUP IRON PIECE/OR 500 GAUSS HERE POWER SUPPLY TO MAGNET 220V DC, 50Hz

Since I saw thousand of calculation for Solenoid Magnets, C Shape Electromagnets but i never saw the calculation for above Electromagnet and I want to know how can i calculate the above. I wrote in many threads that this magnet can design through ampere turn furmula. Anybody can help me to knowing ampere turen formula for design the magnet on 220V DC, 50Hz.

Thanks, Paremji

Reply to
premji40

Where do you plan to get 50 Hz DC current ?

Sue...

Reply to
Sue...

Sorry.....this is 415 V 50Hz AC supply and Magnet will 220 V DC

Reply to
premji40

If the pot-core diameter is much less that 200mm you will need to apply some severe correcttions for the

1/r^3 dipole attenuation.

Sue...

Reply to
Sue...

"Magnetics Designer Demonstration Software"

Sue...

Reply to
Sue...