Polar Express loco parts diagram?

The plastic gold whistle on my Polar Express 0-Scale loco snapped off. Is there a parts list diagram to figure out what part to order?
Searched Lionel.com's website, but couldn't locate the info... Chet
Chet wrote:

If you couldn't find the info on Lionel's web page, it doesn't exist. IOW, there is no part that you can order.
OTOH, you may be able to find an O scale whistle that would suit. Go to Walthers website, find the O scale section, and search for "steam locomotive whistle."
Good luck.
--
Wolf Kirchmeir

: The plastic gold whistle on my Polar Express 0-Scale loco snapped off. : Is there a parts list diagram to figure out what part to order? : Searched Lionel.com's website, but couldn't locate the info... : Chet
Go to the 'Customer Service' page on the Lionel web page.
Select 'Order Replacement Parts'
Enter 'Whistle Gold Polar Express' in the Search box.
Somewhere in the list of items returned you will find:
Part Number: 620-8649-102 Whistle/Gold/Polar Express Price: $ 0.80
Enter how many you want in the 'Quantity' field and click the 'Add to Cart' button.
Do it quick. According to the note on the 'Order Replacement Parts' page, anything ordered after 5pm Friday Dec 19th, 2008 will not be processed until Jan 12th, 2009.
For the Parts List, Pictorial Diagram, and Wiring Diagram select the 'Service Documents' link from the 'Customer Service' page and enter 6-28649 in the search box. This will get you downloadable .pdf lists and diagrams for the Polar Express specific version of the "Berkshire Jr. Engine & Tender".
Len
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 03:04:44 -0500, Len wrote:

Berkshire, hunh? I never knew the "Polar Express" was a Berkshire. Did anybody (other than Lionel) ever use a Berk in passenger service?
--
Steve

Steve Caple wrote:

Yes.
--
Wolf Kirchmeir

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:14:38 -0500, Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

Who, please?
--
Steve

Steve Caple wrote:

For example:
"The Louisville & Nashville Railroad bought a total of forty-two "Berkshire" type locomotives in three orders. The first order went to the Baldwin Locomotive Works for fourteen locomotives, which were delivered in 1942 and designated as Class M-1. The first ten of these locomotives, with road numbers 1950 through 1959, were assigned to freight service. The other four, with road numbers 1960 through 1963, pulled passenger trains between Cincinnati, Ohio and Corbin, Kentucky during the World War II years."
(from http://www.steamlocomotive.com/berkshire/ln.shtml )
Nickel Plate also used some 2-8-4s on passenger service. Outsdie of N. America, the 2-8-4 was used for passenger serice as well, eg, the Austrian Class 214.
HTH
--
Wolf Kirchmeir

On 12/16/2008 11:39 AM Wolf Kirchmeir spake thus:

Which raises an interesting question: can a 2-8-4 outside of North America really be considered a "Berkshire"? The question being, generally, are particular types of locos (Mikados, Pacifics, Hudsons, etc.) more than just their wheel arrangements?
On the other hand, I suppose a ten-wheeler is a ten-wheeler, no matter where it's found.
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 13:46:58 -0800, David Nebenzahl wrote:

IS A 2-8-0 A TEN-WHEELER? <GDRVF>
--
Steve

David Nebenzahl wrote:

The US style of naming locomotive types was never official, but always customary. And a very strong custom it was, too. Some of these names migrated to other countries, the most wide-spread being the Pacific (4-6-2). But in most parts of the world, locomotives were known by local class names/numbers, and/or by wheel arrangement. The Whyte system (4-6-2) was usual in the English speaking countries, the other system (2C1) became customary in Europe. The detailed history of locomotive nomenclature has not been written (and would be rather tedious, I think. ;-))
HTH
--
Wolf Kirchmeir

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:39:13 -0500, Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

thks
--
Steve

Did
Well...the folks that made the 'Polar Express' movie sure did.
Len
Dear Len & Wolf,
Thank you for your excellent suggestions!
Len, you blow me away with your thoroughness!!! By the end of your excellent directions I half expected to go to my mailbox and find it waiting! I am somewhat embarrassed that you were able to use Lionel's website successfully, whereas my experience was significantly less. But 4 whistle units have been ordered! (I figured if it broke once, it'll probably break again...)
Chet

mailbox
it'll
Don't feel bad. I use the the Lionel "Customer Service" pages a lot, and they still throw me now and again. Especially the search function which is set up as an "OR" search, rather than the more traditional "AND" type search.
Len