Lionel Polar Express Light Replacement Help

Hello all,

It's been years since I've posted on this newsgroup. I hope someone here can help with this.

I have been trying to get to the lights in my son's polar express observation car with no luck. I've read the instructions which states to press in on the 4 window 'tabs' and remove the roof to get to the lights. How many hands does it take to do this? More than two. I've pressed on these windows so much that my fingers are now sore...and the roof is simply not coming off. Yes, I have removed the three small screws from the end of the car - specifically for this car.

What am I missing here? Has anyone else sucessfully changed light bulbs in any of these cars?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks. Tom

Reply to
ComputerSpace

I'm not familiar with this particular car, but with others that have multiple tabs I cut up a 3"x5" note card and slip pieces at each tab so they stay disengaged while my fingers/hands go elsewhere. Slipping in these shims will give you the ability to relax and flip the car around and look at it closer.

Tim.

ComputerSpace wrote:

Reply to
Timothy Lange