Converting Talgo Couplers to Kadees

Ok, so like many of us, I have a lot of old and cheaper rolling stock that has talgo couplers on the trucks. Is there a Kadee coupler I can use to convert those to Kadee's? What number Kadee would I use? Thanks for your help.

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

KD #212 Talgo Adapters and whatever KD coupler you prefer, "whisker" type being the simplest to install since you don't have to use the bronze centering spring. If you don't mind plastic couplers, Life-Like's new "Scene Master" knuckle couplers have a small hole that fits the talgo pin for the horn-hook coupler without any adapter.

Len

Reply to
Len

Ok, so I am now in the possession of #212 talgo truck adaptors, a #230 insertion pic, and #148 standard head metal whisker couplers. And I have no clue how to do this. The instructions on the packages just show pictures which make no sense and refer to #20 series coupler instruction sheet which I can't find on the Kadee website at all. Help! And thanks.

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

.

Oh!! so, that's how you do it! Trial and error are wonderful things!

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

My preference really is to get rid of the Talgo "feature" and just mount a #5 in its pocket to the frame of the car. You will probably need to adjust the height of the body and that will be either flat washers on the truck pivot point (to rais the coupleer) or some flat plastic pads to lower the coupler. For plastic, the Evergreen stuff works well and you want to use MEK for a solvent for the plastic - other "glues" are nice but most of them are using MEK for a lot of the action of the glue. The bottle for the Testors is a nice bottle tho and you may just want to buy a bottle of it for the bottle. The nice thing about the plastic sheet is that you can use it to make all kinds of buildings as the styrene plastic works like wood but has no warping once the solvent is out of the plastic.

-- Bob May

rmay at nethere.com http: slash /nav.to slash bobmay http: slash /bobmay dot astr>

Oh!! so, that's how you do it! Trial and error are wonderful things!

Wayne

Reply to
Bob May