HO Mounting screws for kadee couplers.

Hi, I am chasing some kadee (athearn) coupler screws (to fit the draft box
to the body). I have some Rivarossi coaches, IHC coaches and some Athearn
coaches. can you please tell me which sizes are best for each of these
different makes? thanks Geoff
Hi I am posting this on behalf of a friend
Anthony
Reply to
Anthony
: Hi, I am chasing some kadee (athearn) coupler screws (to fit the draft box : to the body). I have some Rivarossi coaches, IHC coaches and some Athearn : coaches. can you please tell me which sizes are best for each of these : different makes? thanks Geoff : : Hi I am posting this on behalf of a friend : Anthony :
I normally use 2-56 machine screws to mount KD coupler boxes. You can get the screws in various lengths, nuts, and taps from Micro-Fasteners
for reasonable prices. They also have other frequently used small screws, in inch and metric, available.
Len
Reply to
Len
See
The centre holes in Kadee coupler boxes are sized for 2-56 screws, and the side holes for 1-72. These are standard sizes available from Kadee itself, from Walthers, and from old-fashioned full-service hardware stores.
Kadee also makes conversion kits for rolling stock from various manufacturers. This is the portal to lists of which couplers fit what:
If you help your friend some more, you risk being bit by the model railroading bug. Just a friendly warning. ;-)
Have fun.
Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Site Timeline