HO Mounting screws for kadee couplers.

Hi, I am chasing some kadee (athearn) coupler screws (to fit the draft box to the body). I have some Rivarossi coaches, IHC coaches and some Athearn
coaches. can you please tell me which sizes are best for each of these different makes? thanks Geoff
Hi I am posting this on behalf of a friend Anthony
: Hi, I am chasing some kadee (athearn) coupler screws (to fit the draft box : to the body). I have some Rivarossi coaches, IHC coaches and some Athearn : coaches. can you please tell me which sizes are best for each of these : different makes? thanks Geoff : : Hi I am posting this on behalf of a friend : Anthony :
I normally use 2-56 machine screws to mount KD coupler boxes. You can get the screws in various lengths, nuts, and taps from Micro-Fasteners http://www.microfasteners.com/index.cfm for reasonable prices. They also have other frequently used small screws, in inch and metric, available.
Len
Anthony wrote:

See http://www.kadee.com/htmbord/screws.htm
The centre holes in Kadee coupler boxes are sized for 2-56 screws, and the side holes for 1-72. These are standard sizes available from Kadee itself, from Walthers, and from old-fashioned full-service hardware stores.
Kadee also makes conversion kits for rolling stock from various manufacturers. This is the portal to lists of which couplers fit what:
http://www.kadee.com/conv/convpl.htm
If you help your friend some more, you risk being bit by the model railroading bug. Just a friendly warning. ;-)
Have fun.
--
Wolf Kirchmeir